- Text Size +
“Hello?” she asked in surprise, why was her son calling so early in the morning? He was not a morning person at all. She was awake though and now was worried; her son must be in some trouble if not he wouldn’t call her so early.

“Mom, hey listen I actually landed in Orlando just five minutes ago and wanted to call you to ask you to come on up. I want to see you,” he said fast. He knew that his mom would be surprised to hear that he was in Orlando with only weeks away from his wedding. He waited silently for her answer, it was only a few minutes but for him her silence seemed forever.

She held her breath and then let out a small laugh, “Alex you’re not going to guess where I am at right at this moment? I am actually in Orlando, I actually am staying at your house, and I thought you wouldn’t mind my stay here for the weekend.” This was incredible, but now the question was, why was he in Orlando with only weeks from his wedding. She smiled knowing that most likely it was, wedding jitters.

He had a loss of words, his mother was actually in Orlando that meant he would actually have the conversation in his head with his mother earlier than he had expected. He sighed heavily and spoke, “Mom, we need to talk he said subtly,” he shut his eyes as he waited for his mothers words.

“Ok, we can do that you know I am here for you. Are you on your way to your house?” she heard the worried tone on her sons voice something was definitely bothering him.

“Yeah,” he said as he grabbed his luggage and headed out of the airport.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She woke up to a smiling face staring at her. His gorgeous eyes felt like they were trying to search for her deep and darkest feelings.

“Good morning,” he leaned in and kissed her forehead. She looked gorgeous even if her hair was not straight at all; it showed its natural untamed state. He had to admit that he was falling hard for this girl, for god sakes he had left his New York to be with her. She was different and she drove him crazy. He had to come to her because he had missed her so much since she had left New York. Lisa was something else and seeing her made him feel complete. She was his muse, since he met her had started a novel just about her.

“Good morning; how long have you been sitting here watching me sleep?” she asked as she sat up aware of her appearance early in the morning. Had it been Gilbert she wouldn’t have cared, but it was her boyfriend. She felt her heart fall when she remembered of Gilbert, things between them were not good. She had walked out on him after she caught him shooting up in the bathroom. She after that had been staying with Tiffany the friend she had made at her job in Starbucks. But, now she had a place to call her own, she smiled and cleared away the horrible thoughts of her ex-friend. She looked at the clock that hung on a wall and realized she had slept longer than she had expected, “I’m sorry for sleeping till now, I – just need a few minutes to get ready,” with that she ran into the restroom.

“Ok, I will wait for you in the other room I also ordered room service!” he yelled as he smiled to see how much impact it had caused on Lisa for him to see her, without her makeup and hair made. He had been quite a while actually just watching her inhale and exhale air. Inspiration is what he got from it; he really did like this girl, could she be it?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She didn’t know exactly how she had done it, but she had successfully moved Judy Vickers out of her son’s house and in to a hotel. Just in time she thought as heard the door open again, “Is that you Alex?” she asked as she walked into the foyer. She smiled as she saw her son standing there.

“Yes it’s me,” he answered as he dropped his luggage on the floor, staring at his mother. He felt like running up to her and hugging her like he would do in his younger years. When he was scared to hell of the dark and would run to hug her in her room, not wanting to sleep alone. Yet he contained himself and just gave her a warm hug and kiss.

Yeah something was really wrong; she knew the moment she made eye contact with him. What could possibly be wrong? He was getting married to the love of his life right? Something told her there was something that was bothering him but what? “So you want some breakfast or lunch,” she said as she looked at the time.

“I don’t care anything is good, I’m not really hungry.” He followed his mother to his kitchen and was hit with the smell of breakfast. It was actually cool to see his kitchen being used, it rarely did. He really wanted to just spill it out, what was bothering him, his mother always knew how to make it better, or at least that’s what he wanted to believe right at that moment.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“That was good,” she said as she finished her piece of toast. She was in heaven at the moment; she was with Marco and she loved his company. Having him there with her made her go through this tour swiftly. The truth she felt safe and loved by him, he was what she had only dreamt of, he was her prince charming. She knew that probably this weekend would be the last one with him; he was heading back to New York. But it had helped though, now she was a little more adjusted with her routine of checking in and out of hotels. She couldn’t help it and just reached out to touch his face, he was adorable and clean cut compared to her first crush.

“Are you nervous?” he asked her as he kissed her outstretched hand. She was just the best girl he could ever have as a girlfriend. He saw the real her, the shy and creative person she was. “I mean with your mom coming to the gallery and all.”

“I think I am way past nervousness,” she said as she watched him kiss her hand, his soft lips touching each finger. She felt like butter as he did that, she hadn’t done anything more with him than make out, and in moments like this she wonder how it would feel to let him in completely. All she knew was she didn’t want to hurt ever again like she did last time she tried that.

“Well, I have an idea, come let’s go” he said as he pulled her up from her seat. “Let’s get all that tension out of you,” he said as he opened the door to hotel room.

“Where are we going?? Shouldn’t I be showing you around?” she giggled as he made funny faces to her. He was a great and lovable person, could he really be her prince charming.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She held on to her son like she never had before, hearing him feel so guilty made her wonder if he ever really loved Sarah. His cry was like a child’s after loosing his favorite toy, “Every thing will be fine Alex, and you’re just confused. I know that you can find and deviate your true feelings. Separate your feelings for each of them; I honestly think it’s not really that serious. I think your using that excuse to break off your engagement. Alex, is that it? Are you having second thoughts about Sarah being the right one?” she asked him with a stern voice as she forced her son to look at her straight in the eye.

For a second he thought about what his mother was telling him. Just for that instance he thought he had found the answer to his dilemma. Yet he couldn’t accept that was the truth to his guiltiness, it made sense but it also made him a very disgraceful person toward Sarah. “I don’t know mom, that’s why I need your help,” he said in a desperate tone.

She sighed and spoke, “Well I guess we have all weekend to figure this out, now go and rest.” She didn’t even ask if Sarah knew where he was, at the moment the only thing that mattered to her was her son and his apparent confusion in love. She would have to cancel her plans to go to the gallery, because at this moment her son needed her. She would have to call Judy and let her know…