- Text Size +
New York was a very interesting city and being a small town girl it intimidated her to be alone in this city. Soon she would be married and she deserved one more trip on her own right? She signaled for a cab to stop, sure enough one came to a halt right beside her. She opened the door the cab and when she entered she was faced with the most handsome cab driver ever. She was starting to like New York after all. “Hi, I actually wanted to go shopping but I really don’t know how to go about in this big city,” she said as she smiled to the young man. His green eyes just making her feel all mushy inside.

“No problem ma’am I know exactly where to take you,” he answered to the friendly lady. He had gotten back to New York and put himself back to work, he was saving for his girlfriend’s surprise party. He was going to through her big party, to show her how just how proud he was of her success.

“Please call me Jenny,” she told the cab driver as she batted her eyelashes. He was hot and had an accent, a Latin accent only made him more attractive. “So what’s your name?” she asked him as she got comfortable in the backseat.

He had to admit the girl was hot, but she nothing compared to his Lisa. Lisa was genuine and smart, this girl looked ditzy, not his style at all. “Marco,” he said in a serious tone seeing how flirty the girl was getting toward him. Maybe if he would have been single, he would have thought about hitting on her, but he wasn’t.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“NO! AJ don’t let go…”she screamed as she held on tight to his arms pulling herself closer to him. How could she of listened to him about going ice skating she had never in her life done this before and it was horrible…as she held tightly around him she could smell his cologne and it just felt right and without noticing put her arms around his neck allowing him to guide her around the ice.

He didn’t know what it was but, he felt good just having the time of his life with his Mona Lisa. He didn’t know how to explain the feeling he got as he had her so close to him, her face so close to his. “Ok, I won’t do it again till I know your ready,” he said as he put his arms around her waist.

She could hear his light breathing as he guided her through the ice ring, she started to feel relaxed as she got the hang of the ice-skates. She felt him release his grip on her waist and slowly removed her arms from around his neck, “No, I am not ready,” she said in panic.

“Yes, you are,” he said as he held on to her hands and slowly helped her accustomed to the new position. He smiled as he felt her confidence change as she felt more comfortable skating.

She still held tight to his hands as she followed his pace around the ring. She did feel a little more confident though and was starting to get the hang of it. She was getting a little cold though, than all of a sudden she felt his grip go away, “NOO AJ I don’t think I can do this….” She said in panic but then realized that she was skating all on her own. She smiled as she followed a much faster AJ, “wait for me you know I am just learning.”

He smiled as he saw how well she was doing on her own, he regretted it though. He felt cold again not having her right by him. “Your doing great, soon you will be a pro,” he said only to regret it. He watched as she hit the ice fast, he couldn’t make it to her in time.

She felt the cold ice hit her butt, she felt so embarrassed but soon it went away as she saw him by her side. She felt his stare as he kneeled down to see her. “I told you I wasn’t ready,” she said as she laughed trying not to be embarrassed.

He giggled and lifted her head so she would see his, “I think we had enough skating for one day,” he said and helped her up. “Now come on lets go I am hungry,” he held onto her and together the made it to the exit of the ice ring.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Many drinks later, he awoke in a bed that was not his. He turned around to find a blond woman by his side, naked? He didn’t remember much he just knew he had a horrible headache.

She stirred as she felt him get out of the bed; she smiled as she remembered the events from the night before. She cringed when she heard the nauseating noises coming from the restroom, “you got to love hangovers,” she said as she too got out of bed.

“What happened last night,” he asked as he came out of the restroom collecting his clothes from the ground. He felt like crap but he knew he needed to get out there fast, he knew exactly what had happened and he just didn’t want to believe it. How could he let this girl do this to him, when he was single he wouldn’t have mind but now he was not.

“You don’t remember the great things we did yesterday? You really must’ve drunk a lot, I remember perfectly...” she said she walked toward the young man and gave him a kiss.

He stopped and gave her a serious look. “I know what happened but what I don’t understand is why would you dare come on to me after how drunk I was, I told you I was not single, I have a girlfriend,” he said as he put his pants back on.

“Maybe your right Marco but you shouldn’t have accepted to go with me to the club then; it’s much my fault as yours.” She said with anger after his rejection.

“Just stay away from me ok,” he said as he walked out the hotel room and into his cab.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“So I wouldn’t of ever known how fun Chicago is if it wasn’t for you,” she told him as they made to the hotel. “I guess your days as a big pop star helped, you got to travel well,” she took another spoonful of her vanilla ice cream.

“Yeah, I guess that helped,” he said as he took a spoon full of her ice cream. “Why vanilla its so plain, on the other hand strawberry cheesecake is tastier...” he said as he grabbed a spoon full his ice cream. “Hey talking about that by the time your tour makes it to LA, it will be time for me and the guys to get together and work on our new material. I would like it if you could stay a little why with me in LA and maybe even if you would meet the guys. They are the best,” he said as he opened to the lobby of the hotel.

She had to smile as she heard him say that he wanted her to be with him in this very big moment for him. “Well, I can try I can always tell Marco to come down you don’t mind do you?” she asked as she finished her ice cream. She pushed the button the elevator and walked in as the doors opened followed by AJ.

He didn’t know what to say really the truth was he did mind. But it wasn’t because he was jealous it was because he wanted to spend time alone with her as friend’s right? Or could Sarah be right did Lisa find a bizarre way into his heart…no that couldn’t be right? “I don’t mind,” he said in a questionable tone. He was brought back from his thoughts by the abrupt stop of the elevator and the lights going off. “sh*t the elevators stopped,” he said as he realized what happened.

“NO, I hate being inside small spaces,” she said and reached out for AJ. Finding him she grabbed on to him for life.

“Don’t worry I will call the hotel,” he said as he took out his cell phone only to see it had no signal. “Crap no signal,” he said as he too then started to worry…

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was furious who did he think he was? No one ever made her this mad and her not get her revenge; she didn’t just get mad she got even. “I am going to get him, how can he leave like this!” she grabbed her clothes and walked into the restroom.

He closed the door to his cab and closed his eyes what had he done? How could he, he should’ve denied her invitation. He normally knew how to control himself yet he lost it last night. He felt horrible and pictures of Lisa popped in his, how could he do this? Lisa was an incredible woman and did not deserve this at all. Maybe he could just for forget about this and make sure to never see this woman again. What Lisa doesn’t know won’t hurt her right? No he just couldn’t keep this to himself but he also couldn’t loose Lisa. “I have to find a solution,” he said to himself as he started the cab.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“How much longer do you think we’ll be here?” she asked in a panic tone. It had only been fifteen minutes ago that the elevators had stopped yet it felt like forever to her. She just hung onto AJ for support she was starting to feel very dizzy. “I don’t feel so well, I am starting to get dizzy…” she said in an almost whisper.

He felt her loose her balance and held on to her, slowly bringing her to the floor with him. He let her rest her head on his shoulder as he looked as his phone again but still no luck, “don’t worry my Mona Lisa, I bet they are already fixing the elevators, just relax ok your not alone I am here.” He grabbed her hand in his and sighed, he never really had problems being stuck in an elevator but with someone like her it was different. He didn’t like the fact that she was suffering. He too was getting worried.

She felt the numbness on her feet start and knew that if she didn’t get out soon she would pass out. “I am sorry I know I may sound stupid, but I really can’t stand small spaces for to long, especially since its dark,” she said with trouble she was starting to loose her breath.

He began to worry as he felt that her hand was now very sweaty. “Just relax think of good things, like last night’s gallery and how everyone loved your work.” He tried hard to get her to concentrate on other things.

“Yeah, I remember. I have an idea,” she said shyly as she smiled at the tone of worry AJ had as he spoke. “I have heard your music, but yet I have never heard you sing,” she said as she leaned in more closer to him.

He laughed as he heard her talk, “ok, yeah this is not the best place to sing in,” he responded as he felt her get nearer. He could feel her panting breath on his neck. he could of swore he felt electricity through his body, but he just ignored and spoke again, “if it will make you feel better, I will gladly do it,” he said as he closed his eyes to think of a song.

“Yes it will and it doesn’t have to be one of yours… I just want to hear you sing,” she finished just as she felt the first palpitation in her chest. She tried hard to not worry AJ though, she did not want to scare him away, the truth was she was enjoying his company.

“Hmm ok well let me think,” he said as he thought of a song to sing. He giggled and spoke, “I haven’t sung this song in a while, lets see if I still can do it…” he cleared his throat and started to sing.

Something about the way you moved
That caught my eye
I really did have to try it, yes
I can't deny it
The way your body swayed
As I watched you from behind
That got me so excited
How could I fight it
Baby let me be the one to hold you
To give you the things I know you need
You know that we could wait another life time
And we can never find a love just like this

If you lay down, lay down beside me
You can get all inside me
And I can get all inside you too
If you lay down, lay down beside me
You can wake up beside me, forever
Forever and ever
Forever and ever, baby

Let's take this chance to get to know each other better
Baby we will discover that we can be more than lovers
I'll give you what you need
Just come to me and get it
Baby you won't regret it

He stopped singing when he felt her grip on his hand loosen. “Are you ok?” he asked as he grabbed her and tried to see her in the darkness. He felt her limp body just move and knew exactly what had happened. “No, come on my Mona Lisa wake up they are already opening the doors” he lied as he panicked. He laid her softly on the ground, stood up and began to bang on the walls. Someone had to find them, for his Mona Lisa sake.

She could barely hear his voice and the banging going around her. She was too weak and dizzy she hated this feeling so bad and her body was really numb. She couldn’t even speak to tell AJ how beautiful his song was.

Nothing, no one came and his damn cell did not work. He was getting frustrated with it all. A good thirty minutes had passed and here they were still in this elevator, which now seemed to suffocate him also. But he had to be strong for her, she just laid on the floor with heavy breathing and sweaty. He was about to scream again when the lights to the elevator came on and a few seconds later the door opened. There stood some hotel personnel, “oh, my god thank you,” he said as she went to her and slowly picked her up. With out listening to the staff he carried her to her room and just turned around to the staff that followed, “Look, just get a doctor ok?” with that he opened the door to her room and laid her on her bed. He then ran to the restroom and wet a cloth with cold water; he put it on her head. “There my Mona Lisa we’re out come on, take deep breaths everything’s fine.

She started to feel much better and she knew she wasn’t in the elevator anymore. She started to calm down as she felt him by his side talking to her softly, he really did sound worried. Finally managing to speak, “thank you,” she said in a soft panting voice. She weakly grabbed his hand and brought it to her face, not knowing why she kissed it.

He felt her lips on his hand, felt his stomach churn he didn’t know what to say. “Anytime, you know I am here for you,” he said to her softly as he bent down to kiss her cheek, little did he know just at that time, she turned her face. He realized then that he instead had kissed her lips.

She was feeling better and then she felt it his kiss on her lips and suddenly she felt even better. She didn’t know why but, it was the cure she needed.