- Text Size +
He watched her with his side view, something about her had changed. He was starting to feel something for her that he hadn’t before. The truth is he knew he had always thought she was different and she was very interesting.

He knew the real her, her makeover made her look hot, but he wouldn’t care to see her like before. She was just something else; he knew it since the first time he spoke to her. He was really confused though, he was starting to see her as more than just his friend. But, he also knew that he couldn’t do that to her, she deserved better. He didn’t know since when he had these feelings for her, were they new? Or had they been there from before? “What are you thinking about?” he asked her as he saw her just lost in her thought.

“That, I am on a plane on the way to another city and I haven’t talked to Marco once. This is really weird; usually he calls me every day. Maybe I should call him, he’s probably sick…” she said sympathetically. The truth was she was curious on why she hadn’t received a call from Marco, but was also not complaining. She also kept thinking about the kiss, AJ had kissed her again. It was an unexpected kiss and she couldn’t deny that she had her feelings for him come back. She never really forgot him, she was more in denial. She was confused that was for sure, she really liked Marco, but AJ was different she felt like she needed him. Every time she had him near her she felt safe, AJ was her guardian angel. Especially now after the incident in the elevator, it was a very scary moment for her, yet it was one of her greatest times. She was able to be with him alone, to hear him worry for her made this, what she felt for him stronger… she had to admit she was very attracted to him.

He felt his heart ache as he heard her bring her boyfriend into to subject. Sure he had no right to feel like this but he was and he hated it. Not to long ago he was head over heels for Hailey, now here he was with Lisa and he was falling for her? He was just confused right? “Well here give him a call,” he said as he handed her the phone. He had to be a good friend and a good friend doesn’t not put his feelings in first place right? The truth was he didn’t care much if Marco was not calling her, but if it bothered her he knew he should try to make her feel better. She loved that guy and he loved her back…she deserved to be happy and if being happy meant being with that guy than he had to accept it. Besides he wasn’t so sure of his feelings for her or was he?

She looked up at him and smiled, “thanks I should give him a call,” she told him as she started to dial a very familiar number. She waited patiently for his answer and was surprised to hear the female voice answer the phone. “Oh, I am sorry I think I must’ve dialed the wrong number,” she said as she checked the number she had dialed only realizing it was correct.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was walking into the station where they told her she would find him. She was going to get back at him in the worst way possible; no one made her feel like he did. That’s when she felt it the vibrating of the phone; he had left at the hotel that day. Her smile widened when she heard the female voice on the other side. “Hold on don’t hang up, are you looking for Marco?”

“Yes I am, is this his sister?” she asked as she heard the female’s voice in the other side. Even thought it was obvious the woman on the side had no Spanish accent.

“No, actually he spent the night with last night and left his cell phone in the hotel. You know he had to hurry and get back to work, I am Jenny by the way who am I speaking with,” she asked as she heard the long pause. Just as she walked into the building spotting the tall young man talking to someone else, she walked toward him and smiled widely as she saw him spot her.

“This is Lisa I must go now, just could you tell him I called,” she stuttered as she felt her eyes fill with tears. Her heart was pounding so hard and she felt pain. She wanted to cry but, she tried hard to stay calm as she heard the woman on the other side. Jenny, why did the entire Jenny’s in the world have to make her life impossible?

“Oh, well hang on he’s right here actually,” she said to the girl as she finally reached him. “Hey Marky its some girl named Lisa, she called asking for you,” she said in mockery as she handed the phone to him.

He felt his heart stop as he heard who was on the phone, how could he forget his phone. He knew there was no way around it so he took the phone and walked away from her, “baby, how are you?” he said knowing nothing was going to make this situation any better. He could hear her sobs and felt his heart break, how could he do this to her. “I am sorry baby; I need to explain to you how it happened. I love you and I never wanted to something like this to you,” he stopped talking when he heard the dial tone in the other end. He shut his cell phone and with anger walked to the culprit of his pain. “How could you answer my phone, why?” he screamed he didn’t care what anyone else thought he was angry.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She handed him his phone quick and ran to the restroom. Her tears ran down her face like waterfalls, her heart ached so bad. She didn’t want to think it was true, but hearing him break down and tell her that he didn’t mean to. She knew then it was exactly what had come to her head when she heard the woman’s voice. She just cried and she didn’t care if her eyeliner smeared or not. She felt anger and sadness as she broke down in tears; she suddenly realized that she was just meant to never be happy. She had been in her own thoughts that hadn’t notice the knocking on the door and the voice outside calling her name. “Just leave me alone AJ, please…” she said in sobs.

“Fine, I will leave if you can assure me that you will be ok,” he spoke as he heard her crying. He knew something was very wrong and he wanted to be there for her. He slowly stepped away from the restroom and was about to leave when he heard the door open.

“No wait,” she said as she wiped her face. “I need you, I need a friend…” she said as she hugged him.

He smiled a little as he heard her say that she needed him. He turned around and walked up to her and with hesitation gave her a hug, only then did she begin to cry again. “Its ok just cry…you know I am here for you if you want to talk.”