- Text Size +
“Wow…” she said in awe of the huge house. She just stared at the beautiful décor he had, she didn’t know if she liked this house better than the one in Florida they both were gorgeous. She smiled when she heard the ocean, again he had the ocean as his backyard, “you’re one lucky son of gun AJ, and how much are these houses worth?” she asked as she followed him to the back of the house.

He smiled at her as she followed, “this will be your room,” he said as he opened the door.
“I actually got a good deal on this house, cause of Howie…” he said as he led her into the large guest room.

She was in awe of the room, it was huge and it had a glass door that led to the beautiful beach. “I love it,” she said as she dropped her luggage to the floor. “I definitely would like to go swimming,” she said as she looked out into the ocean.

“Yeah doesn’t the view just make you want to go swim,” he said as he stood beside her. “Hey listen you’re welcome to stay here as long as you want, since I know you want to avoid you know who,” he said as he turned to face her.

“Thanks for being a great friend AJ, I am so lucky to have you as a friend.” She told him as she gave him a hug, a hug she needed. His arms around her made her feel safe yet weak, she wanted to kiss him but she knew better.

“It’s Alex,” he spoke softly into her ear. “My real friends call me Alex,” he repeated.
“Are you hungry?” he finally asked as he broke the hug. He couldn’t handle it anymore to have her so close to him and not touch her in any other way.

“A little,” she said as she cleared her head from the thoughts she had. “I want to cook something, may I borough your kitchen…Alex?” she said as she felt her face turn red, this was the first time she ever had used Alex.

“Of course if you can cook like your mother, heck yeah.” He said as he led her to his huge kitchen. “Wait first we might need to go shopping for groceries,” he said as he stopped.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Ok so you know how to draw and cook,” he said as he finished his last piece of chicken. “You know I could use a roommate that can cook like this,” he said.

She laughed as she watched him clean his plate, “I am glad you liked it,” she picked up both of the plates and took them to the sink. She began to wash them and saw how he stared at her, “what?” she asked.

“Nothing, just admiring the fact that my kitchen is actually being used…” he lied as he rubbed the back of his neck. He was actually imagining her as his wife cleaning after dinner; the kids in there play room somewhere. He had never seen Sarah or any of his other girls like he was seeing her at that exact moment. She was real and it was starting to get really hard for him to just see her as his friend. How could he be so naïve to think he could not fall in love with someone who did not look hot? Now he knew that it didn’t matter how she looked it was the way she was inside, now don’t think he didn’t think she was hot now. She was gorgeous, “I say we should take a walk to the beach, what do you think?” he said.

“Oh, yeah that’s sounds cool besides I need to try and get my inspiration going again. I need to start painting some new paintings especially with my new aspiration.” She said as she wiped her hands dry, she knew there was more to AJ’s stare but she shrugged it off.

“Ok good then lets go…wait should we change into more suitable beach clothes?” he asked as he looked at what he was wearing.

“Yeah maybe your right she said as she looked at herself.” She didn’t wait for more and walked into her room.

He watched her disappear into the guest room and he finally sighed. How did it happen he asked himself as he walked to his room, when had she crept into his heart? All he knew is that he couldn’t control his feelings for much longer. He did deserve her and she deserved to be happy. He could definitely make her happy and she could be his everything. She was perfect to him, yeah she may be a little shy and clumsy but she was incredible. Suddenly his taste in women had changed, could he handle her presence without confessing his feelings? He was afraid after what happened with Hailey, but Hailey was married. He stopped torturing himself and grabbed something to wear.


/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“I love your dogs, makes me miss my hairy…” she said as she bent down to pet the dogs.

He saw how good she played with his dogs and smiled as he saw the tattoo on her back. It looked good, he then realized he was staring too hard but he couldn’t help but see, her shirt went up when she bent down. “I see that they like you,” he said as he stood beside her and his two dogs.

“Yeah well I am an animal lover,” she said as she put her hair into a bun. The breeze was pretty and was just making her hair fly around her face. “So are we going to walk or what?”

“Yeah let’s get going,” he said as he threw the ball and watched his dogs run after it. He smiled as he felt her arm brush against him. He swore he felt shivers run down his spine.

She felt a little awkward to the silence that lingered between them. But she could see him stare at her often. “So I am nervous in meeting the rest of your friends,” she said to break the silence.

“You shouldn’t be they are pretty cool guys nothing out of the ordinary. Well except the fact that they sing with me,” he said as he realized that they had been in silence. “I think they will actually ask me why I am only your friend.” Before he could stop himself he had said it.

She stopped walking when she heard him, “what do you mean with that?” she asked.

He stopped and turned to look at her, “Well, what I mean is that look at you. You’re like super hot now and you’re an artist so they will wonder why I am only your friend. They would expect more from me, see I have sort of acquired a certain reputation from my formative years…but trust me they have changed, but the guys still think of me that way I suppose more as a joke.” He said half stuttering.

She had to giggle at the way he put it and the fact that he had turned shades of red made it funnier. “I’m sorry it’s just you sounded pretty funny there...” she continued to laugh.

He felt so stupid for a moment and too started to giggle. He then felt the nudge from his dog and bent down to get the ball from his mouth, successfully did and threw it back out into the air, that’s when he felt the push that made him land on his butt. He could see her running laughing at him, “Oh no you didn’t your so dead!” he said as he stood back up and ran after her.

She ran as fast as she could and could feel him catching up, “No,” she managed to say before she fell into the sand with him on top of her. Suddenly her laughter stopped and everything went silent again. She just stared at him still on top of her pinning her between him and the sand. She started to feel weird as she felt his stare, his eyes penetrating her that’s what she felt. Finally she looked at him and that’s all she needed to see exactly what was going to happen. His eyes said everything as he inched his face to hers and she too wanted this. She felt a sudden loss of breath as his lips brushed hers at first and then there it was it started as a sweet soft kiss…but then it turned into a battle of tongues.

He just couldn’t resist kissing her she was there her body so close to his, her lips naturally pink just calling to his. He didn’t care anymore he wanted to be with her that was the truth he was no longer confused. He just kissed and smiled as he saw that she had allowed it to continue. She kissed him back and it felt great, her kisses were what he wanted. He finally broke the kiss and looked at her straight in the eyes, “I am sorry for not realizing sooner that you’re the one for me,” he said he kissed her again.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This time she woke with an arm around her but it was different; she smiled as she remembered the events of last night. She didn’t know how to feel, except than to be happy and enjoy the fact that Alex had told her that she was the one for him. She felt his body so close to hers and only made her want to be there forever. She traced his tattooed arm as she took all this in.

He had felt her light touch on his arm and smiled. It finally had happened something he should have done a while back, she was it. “I see you’re awake,” he said in a groggy voice.

“Yeah, I just woke up actually,” she said as she turned to face him. He looked cuter now knowing that it was ok to feel the way she felt for him. That it was ok to think of him as more than just a good friend. She kissed his lips softly and traced his face with her finger, just trying to never forget this moment even if there were to be more of these moments. She wanted to always remember her first one, “I never stopped loving you even after that night at my house,” she told him in an almost whisper.

He smiled at her confession, “I am glad you didn’t,” he said as he pinned her down on the bed. “You know I like waking up like this,” he kissed her lips and then slowly kissed every inch of her face.

“Yeah me too,” she told him as she brought his mouth back to hers. “To bad you have a meeting to attend too,” she told him after that and pushed him off her.

“Crap, that’s right, but your coming with me remember?” he said smiling to her.