- Text Size +
They drove silently his hand intertwined with hers; she just smiled as she realized that this time she wasn’t just his friend. She had this overwhelming feeling inside her and she couldn’t help but smile. “I’m so nervous,” she finally spoke as she turned to face him.

He gently kissed her hand as he held it in his, “don’t be they are going to like you,” he smiled as he came to a red light. He still couldn’t believe it; she had accepted him even after knowing about Hailey and Sarah. But the truth was he was being honest when he said he was in love with her. She had won his heart in a very sneaky and honest way, by being herself all along. He was anxious to present her to his friends; they were in for a shock they knew he was going to bring along a friend not his girlfriend. He finally got to the big building in downtown LA, “we’re here,” he said as he looked for a parking space.

She felt her heart speed up as he put his car in park, she felt like she had lost her breath when the engine died and he took the keys off the ignition. “I can’t,” she said as she closed her eyes.

He smiled and exited the car, after a few steps he was on the passenger side, “come on my Mona Lisa your not alone here, I will be with all the way.” He smiled at her hesitation but she finally got out of his car, “maybe this will help,” he said he kissed her softly on the lips.

“Just a little,” she said as held on to his arm. She really was nervous because she didn’t know how they would react to her. The truth was he had just broken off the wedding with Sarah; she had become really good friends with them. She feared that maybe they would blame her for his decision, even though she knew it wasn’t. To be honest she was still hoping to wake up from this dream, it was too good to be true for her. Then there were the feelings he claimed he had for that Doctor. But she also felt last night while, his words and touches so real. She knew they had to be true; he loved her it just took him longer to find out. She cleared her thoughts as she entered the cool hallway of the huge building.

“Come on they are just waiting on us,” he said as he but his hand on her back. He didn’t know how they would react to the fact that only a couple of months ago he was getting ready to marry Sarah, which she now was really good friends with guys. Sarah was especially good friend with Brian and Leighanne. He feared Brian’s opinion more then the rest of the guys, but he knew that Howie would understand him. Finally reaching the double glass doors he stopped, “Wait here just let me go in there and give them a heads up ok? I will be right back,” he kissed her cheek and walked in.

She nodded and watched him go throw the glass doors, she watched him greet everyone in the room with a hug. She smiled as she saw just how much the guys meant to him, he had told her so many times that they meant a lot to him, they had saved his life. Now there she was witnessing exactly how much. “I just hope they like me,” she whispered to no one in particular.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Man look who finally decides to get here,” said Nick as he looked at his watch.

“It’s nice to see you to Nicky boy,” he said as he smiled at the young blond man. He then walked up to Kevin and gave him a warm hug; he did the same to the rest. “You guys I know when we spoke last time I told you, I would bring my friend so you guys could meet her, well there has been a slight change of plans,” he paused and grinned from ear to ear.

“Ok that look scares me,” said Brian as he raised his brow. “Wait then who’s that outside in the hallway?” he asked he stared at the young woman who looked lost.

“Yeah who’s that she’s hot,” said Nick as he stretched his neck to try to get a better view of the young woman.

He cleared his throat and spoke, “yeah she’s hot and my girlfriend,” he said looking at Nick.

“What?” said a surprised Howie he had stayed quiet till now but this was just to shocking for him.

“Yeah what, is a good word,” said Kevin as he looked out to the young woman.

“Alexxxx, you have some explaining to do,” said Brian doing his best Ricky Ricardo impression.

“Well that is Lisa, the girl I so much talked to you guys about.” He said as he turned to look out, he smiled as he saw her. Yeah, he needed to this because she was it, there would be no more girls in his life, just his Mona Lisa.

“I thought you said she was not hot?” said Nick in confusion.

“Do you ever listen to the whole story Nick?” asked Brian as he smacked his young friend in the back of his head. “She got a makeover remember?”

“Will you two just…shut up so he can finish his explanation,” said a subtle Kevin.

“Thank you Kev,” he smiled to him and continued, “I don’t know what happened really but, I have realized that I have been drowning in a glass of water for too long. I loved Sarah, I did but there was something missing I always felt it, something just didn’t click all the way. But, with my Mona Lisa…I found everything I was looking for. I just want you all to give her a chance; she is what I have been looking for all these years.” He sighed and spoke again, “she is my Leighanne or my Kristin,” he said as he looked at both Kevin and Brian. “I was so close to losing her too, but god smacked me right in the face in time to realize why I kept thinking of her after I left my mom’s house. I just want you to look at her as a friend and not like someone that is just replacing an ex-girlfriend in my heart. She is the sole owner of this heart,” he said as he touched his chest to emphasize his statement.

When he heard the comparison to his wife he understood, he knew how he felt. Kristin meant so much to him, “Well, what are you waiting for lets meet this girl,” he said as he patted his friends back.

“Yeah bring her in,” said Brian still trying to comprehend what he had just heard. If it was true that this girl was like what he thought of Leighanne, than he had no choice but respect his friend’s choice. He loved Sarah very much, but he would always support his friend and that meant accepting that he had found true love in someone else.

He smiled as he saw that Nick and Howie nodded in agreement to the other two had said. “Ok, but she is a little shy so, don’t scare her off,” he said pointing to Brian and Nick.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It felt like forever to her, so she had started to look at the picture frames on the wall. So many pictures of artist’s, she smiled as she looked at a picture of Prince. She just kept looking at the so many pictures when she came upon one that made her stomach sink; there it was a picture of all five smiling. Then there in at the end right was him, smiling with his sunglasses pushed down to show off his gorgeous eyes, she subconsciously traced his body. There they were so proud, how could she never have listened to them? How could Gibbs know about them and not tell her about them? She didn’t realize that he behind her watching her admire the picture frame of them.

“Why touch his body on the frame? When he’s right here?” he asked as he touched her back.

“How long have you been here watching me?” she asked him as she smiled at his comment.

“Not to long don’t worry, I didn’t hear you flirt with my picture; though it would have been nice…” he said giggling. “Now come on they want to meet you,” he said she took her hand and led her back to the glass doors.

“Hi I’m Kevin Richardson,” he said as he hugged the young woman. “This right here is my cousin Brian, Nick, and Howie, “he finished; he just took the liberty to introduce them all.

“That’s my cousin Kevin for you, always the one to do the talking first,” said Brian as he also greeted her, she was pretty.

“Well my Mona Lisa these are my friends, they are not all that like you thought they would be. There more like my brothers, guys this is my Mona Lisa,” said an excited AJ as he held tighter to her hand, to reassure her that everything would be ok.

“Nice to meet you all, it’s an honor to meet you…” she said in an almost whisper if it weren’t for AJ’s grip on her hand she would of ran. She could feel her cheeks turn red as she felt all of them staring at her.