- Text Size +
She smiled as she continued to cook, she just loved his kitchen. She was a little nervous she had to make sure everything came out perfect. She wanted all of them to like her cooking, she looked at the watch. Soon her Alex would arrive with the rest of the guys; they were celebrating the soon to be released new album. Three months had gone by since she met them and she still felt the need to show that she was good enough for Alex. They actually were really good guys, they really were like a family. She had just come back from New York, where she finally sold her home and finish a few more events from her contract with Tommy. Now, her plans were to head back to Palm Beach and find the perfect place to turn into an art shop, but her plans were changed when Alex asked her to move in with him. She actually got caught off guard they had only been dating for a few months, were they both ready for such a big step? Was Alex moving to fast? Was she moving to fast? No, this was real honest to good love; the ones you would think only existed in fairytales. She loved that man, he had made her into what she was now. She was honest enough to accept that she was where she was in life because of her Alex. She was brought back to reality with the sound of the oven bell, “Yes the cake is ready,” she said to the two dogs that followed her every move.

She knew she need to hurry up, the guys would be here any second. Just a few more details and her dinner would be ready. She then heard the doorbell and jumped in surprise, “there here,” she quickly removed the apron that protected her clothes. She ran to answer the door and nearly fainted at the sight in front of her. There stood Sarah Martin, the girl that had been so nice to her back in Florida when she claimed her Alex as hers.

“I’m sorry is Alex here? Don’t tell me he sold this house already.” She said to the young woman that stood in front of her. She actually was starting to get scared by the sudden loss of color in the girls face. “Look I am sorry, I just didn’t think he’d get rid of this house, it was his pride and joy…” she turned to walk away when she saw the black Mercedes drive up the driveway. That was his car, which meant he still lived there and then it sunk in, that girl must be his new girlfriend.

He froze in the driver’s seat as he saw who was just outside his door. He knew there was no way around it and slowly opened his door, “Sarah…” he said as he walked toward her.

“Alex,” she said in a sad tone. “I was going through my stuff and found a few things that belong to you, so I just came by to drop them off…” she said as she looked down to the floor not wanting to see him in the eyes.

“You didn’t have to bother with that,” he told her as he looked at her and then at his Mona Lisa who was still standing at the door. “I’m sorry do you remember Lisa my mother’s neighbor?” he said as he pointed to Lisa.

She finally looked up and stared back to the open door where the young woman stood. “That’s the girl I met at your mothers? Wow she looks different I didn’t recognize her,” she said as she turned to face him.

“So, how are you?” he asked as he swallowed hard. He didn’t know why but he felt bad, after the last time they had spoken. It hadn’t gone to well; besides how was he going to tell her that she was right. He had fallen in love with her?

“Well, I could be better, but I will survive how’s the new album coming?” she asked when she really wanted to ask why Lisa was there.

“It comes out in a few weeks actually, didn’t Brian tell you? He told me he saw you a few weeks ago,” he answered trying to find the words he needed to tell Sarah that she was right he had fallen for Lisa.

“Yeah, he did but he didn’t tell it was so soon. Well do you want your stuff, I mean I already brought it all the way over here…” she said slowly and then looked back to where Lisa stood.

“Uhm, yeah sure I’ll take it,” he said as he looked towards her car. He saw her motion for him to follow her and he did. “Listen Sarah, I really am sorry we didn’t…”he was caught off by her look.

She looked at him with the just shut up look, “you don’t have to apologize, you don’t feel anything for me anymore. I actually am glad you were honest enough to tell me and not got through with the wedding. You know how unhappy we both would be?” she took a deep sigh as she opened the trunk to her car. She pointed to the box sitting in there, “that’s it all your stuff,” she told him “oh and you might want this back,” she said as she took the engagement ring off her finger.

He stopped her from removing it completely and spoke, “No you keep it, it’s rightfully yours. I did feel love for you when I gave it to you it was an honest ring of engagement. You can do whatever you want with it, I also have to be honest with you. Besides I want you to hear it from me and no one else, Lisa and I are now together. I didn’t know when I finally realized that she was who I really wanted, but I think it has to do with that night in the house when you asked me if she had anything to do with my doubts. I think Hailey knew and it made me think I liked her, but who I really wanted was Lisa. I really am sorry for hurting you, but I wish you the best and I hope that someday we can be friends.” He finished and swallowed hard as he saw her eyes get teary.

She sighed heavily as she heard him; the truth was she had known all along that, that girl had done something to her Alex. She had changed him and it was a good change but, also a bad one because she lost him because of her. “I wish I could say that I understand which I do but I still can’t accept it cause I still…” she paused and wiped her tears. “I don’t know what to say but that I do hope you find happiness and maybe someday we can see each other as friends.” She finished, closed the trunk, made it to her car door and drove off without another word.

He looked as the car disappeared and slowly walked up the driveway with his box. He saw that Lisa was no longer standing at the door, “Hey babe, where are you?” he asked as he walked in putting the box down.

“In here,” she told him as she finished putting the frosting on her cake. She smiled as she saw him look at her. “So, when will they get here?” she asked trying not to sound hurt or mad about the situation that had just happened outside.

“They should be here any minute,” he told her as he walked up to her and gave her peck on the cheek. “You know I love you right?” he asked her as he tasted the frosting on the spatula.

“Yeah, I think you say it enough for me to know,” she smiled at him and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. She smiled as he intensified it but she pushed him off, “No we can’t we have company coming soon.”

“Ok, you win but you owe me…” he said as he was bombarded by his two dogs wanting his attention. “Oh, sorry daddy is here,” he said as he played with his dogs.

She laughed as she saw him struggle with his dogs. That’s when the doorbell rang again, “that must be them,” she told him as she walked to the door.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Thanks for not telling Sarah about Lisa and I,” he told the man that sat by him.

“Hey that wasn’t my duty; I knew that you would tell her when you felt it was right.” He said he looked the paintings on his studio wall. “These are amazing they make you want to just stare at them,” he said he touched the canvas.

“I know that’s why I have them, my Mona Lisa is great isn’t she?” he said as he stood beside him, “Brian do you think I am going to fast?” he asked as he showed him the black velvet box and the ring that was inside.

He eyes widened as he saw the gorgeous princess cut diamond ring inside, “its gorgeous Alex,” he said as he looked at it again. “Now, I could say you are but then, if you feel like I did when I first laid eyes on Leighanne I totally understand. But you have to really think about her, do you think she feels the same for you, or will this scare her?” he said as he put the ring back in the velvet box.

“I just feel like we are ready, she’s it for me. I don’t want to mess up with her, I know I can make her really happy Brian,” he said as he put the little velvet box back into the cabinet he had it in, locking the cabinet after he did.

“Well, then I only wish you the best,” he smiled to his friend as he gave him a sincere hug. “Hold since you two have been dating, does your mom know?” he asked in curiosity.

“Well not exactly, I made Lisa not tell her parents till we both go down there and tell them. But my plan is to then pop the question in front of them all. What do you think?” he asked his friend.

“I would wait a little, let your mom and her parents absorb it in. I don’t think she will go anywhere Alex, if she loves you like you love her.” He hushed down his voice when he heard the other guys calling for them.

“Ok, no more talking about this lets go see what the other guys want,” said Alex as he opened the door to his studio.
Chapter End Notes:
ok two more chapters let me know what you think.