- Text Size +
She looked at the shop all done with the wooden floors and all, she was in heaven or so she felt, “all I need is Alex and I can be completely happy,” she said to no one.

“Well I see you finally decided to go through with it,” he said in a happy voice. He had just arrived back from Arizona and heard about it. He had to come down right away and see it.

“Gibbs,” she said as she went to hug her friend. He looked descent but you could see sadness in his eyes. “I’ve missed you so much, but wow you look great.”

He put a weak smile on his face as he heard her comment, “Thanks but we both know that I will actually start getting uglier as my illness advances.”

“No, Gibbs we won’t let it,” she told him as she kissed cheek. “We live in the U.S.A where many people live with it and live a normal life,” she told him as she hugged him harder.

He sighed and spoke, “I’m just scared,” he finally said it he was afraid of dieing. “Ok enough of this and what is this I heard about you and AJ?” he said as he cleared his throat and wiped the tears forming in his eyes.

“Well it’s a pretty long story that I think I am ready to share with my best friend,” she smiled.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He checked his watch again he was getting impatient, “why is our flight getting delayed again?”

“Relax Alex you’ll make it back to Palm Beach to be there,” said a calm Brian.

“Yeah we’ll make it, remember we are cutting that bow they hold when inaugurating some store,” said Nick as he went through his comic book.

“Wasn’t this exciting guys? I mean our fans responded to this CD like all other’s it was like we had never taken a break, “ said Howie as he still looked at some pictures he had taken. “I think it was a great idea to start this tour in Mexico,” he smiled as he looked up and saw AJ’s annoyed look. “What?”

“Fella’s I think that was our cue,” said Kevin as they finally were called to head to the boarding section. “I feel good too, I think this is one of our best CD’s,” he finally said in remarks to Howie's comment.

They were again greeted with screaming fans asking for them to stay longer in Mexico, “Ladies, we will be back I promise in behalf of all the fella’s” said Nick as he winked to the girls. He stopped his speech when he saw the look AJ gave him. “Talk about PMS your worse than my sisters and I have quite a few of those,” he said in a whisper to AJ.

He rolled his eyes and ignored the young mans comment as he felt Brian’s gentle squeeze on his shoulder, “I’m just nervous I guess,” he told him.

“I know just how you feel, but don’t take it out on us, now…” he said as he smiled to his friend. “This is the first time I actually see you this nervous, I mean with Sarah you were calmer,” he told him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She lay on her bed and closed her eyes; it had been so long since she had been in her room. It was intact just like she had left it, that fateful day. She felt Hairy’s presence on the floor his tail just wagging away. “Hey baby mommy missed you so much, but this time mommy is taking you with her. Come here, come on mommy is ok with you jumping on her bed,” she told him as he stopped himself from jumping onto the bed. He knew better than to jump onto beds, she grabbed him and helped him up. “There you go mommy isn’t mad,” she told him as she petted him. She had asked her mother if she could stay here until everything was ready in her new apartment, she felt so comfortable. She had missed this part of her old life; if her room could talk it would tell the sad story. The horrible sad story about her and the many times she got humiliated in school. She would run to her room and just cry till she had no more tears. This room knew so much about her, “home, sweet home,” she said to Hairy that now lay on her bed just staring at her.

“So it’s true your home,” she told the young woman as she peaked through the open door. She was so excited to see her, “Can I come in?”

“Denise, of course come in,” she told her as she went to hug her.

“I didn’t think you would come down here, I thought you were going to stay in Palm Beach. So are you ready for tomorrow?” she asked her.

“Yes, even though my partner won’t be there for the inauguration,” she said in a sad tone. It had been exactly two months ago that he had surprised her, first with the building he personally thought would help her business flourish and then with the beautiful dinner he had at his mother’s to announce that they were officially a couple. She felt her eyes water as she remembered how he asked her father for permission to date her, she definitely did not feel worthy of everything that was happening to her.

“Oh, sweetie he will be there in spirit, besides I will be there; you know he got his good looks from me,” she laughed. She hugged her again and just couldn’t believe that this young woman was now not only her friend but future daughter in law. She knew everything and had everything planned out for his arrival. “Wait till go to one of there concerts,” she told her. She knew she had to be extra quiet to not tell her what really was going to happen.

“Yeah, he told me to go with him and just wait on my shop, but I really wanted this to get done. It’s really something I want, besides I don’t think I really wanted to leave the country yet…I’ll just wait till they have a concert in Florida,” she said as she smiled to woman.

“So I just wanted to see if you needed any more help with the grand opening tomorrow?” she asked as she looked at the new woman that stood in front of her, so different to the time she had talked to her in this same room. She remembered it like it was yesterday when she came in to see her packing her things to move to New York.

“No, I think I got it, all I am missing is…Alex,” she said finally. He was the Co-owner of “Mona Lisa’s Art Shoppe” her own art shop, where she would sell her work among others. I just miss him I guess, but I understand he’s working just like I am.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He had made it in time, everything was coming out like he had planned and the best part was that she did not know a thing. He took a deep breath as he knocked on the door anxious to see her, “Hi Judy is she still asleep?” he asked as hugged the woman that stood in front.

“AJ! I thought you were in Mexico?” she smiled at him as she let him in.

“I was but I just had to be here for this, may I?” he asked as he pointed into the direction where his Mona Lisa slept. There he stood just outside her door debating on how he was going to surprise her, when the door suddenly opened and there she stood.

She stopped dead on her tracks as she saw who stood in front of her, “oh my god Alex,” she said while she turned around trying to fix her hair which was not fixed, she still had her pajamas.

He smiled it had been a while since he had actually seen the old Lisa; she even was wearing the dreadful glasses he once tried to break. “Don’t,” he said as he reached for her stopping her from running into her restroom. “I like this look,” he said as he went in to kiss her.

She smiled inside when she felt his lips on hers; he didn’t cringe with they way she looked. Finally breaking the kiss, “So, I thought you said you couldn’t be here for the opening because of the tour?” she asked as she arched a brow.

“Well the guys couldn’t stand my mood, so they let me off the hook as long as I head back by Monday,” he said smiling. He was lying but it was necessary to go through with the big surprise he had for her. “So lets go get breakfast, we have a lot of planning to do before the opening tonight,” he said as he grabbed her hand and started to pull her toward the door.

She cleared her throat, “I’m not quite ready here,” she said as she did a spin for him. “Give me a few minutes,” she told him as she pushed him out the door.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He lingered in the kiss and didn’t really want to stop but he smiled as she pushed him. “Ok I got it but give me a break I haven’t seen you in a while,” he told her as he went in to kiss her again.

She kissed him again and almost got caught again in his kisses. She loved his kisses, she loved the way his kissed her so gentle yet passionate. “I really need to finish up here,” she told as she pushed him again softly only kissing his nose. “But we can continue this way later tonight,” she winked at him and walked away. She still needed to check the shop make sure everything was put in its right place, for its grand opening.

“Ok I won’t forget,” he told her as he watched her walk away. He then looked for his accomplice he didn’t know yet but he was sure he wouldn’t mind. He finally saw him and smiled as he walked to him, “You look great,” he told him as he smiled at him.

“Oh my god AJ what are you doing here I thought Lizzie said you were in México or something,” he finished blushing he couldn’t help it AJ was a very sexy man.

“I was which brings to what I wanted to talk to you about,” he told the man that stood in front of him blushing like crazy. “See during this shindig or event I am going to propose to Lisa and I need you to distract or take her away for a while why my people come in. See me and the guys are going to serenade her and then I will pop the question but, she doesn’t know that I actually brought all the guys with me…its sort of a surprise. Can I count on you with this?” he asked the man that now had a surprise look on his face.

“What!” he covered his mouth as he had just screamed of happiness of course. “I mean yes, don’t worry I will find a way for her to leave with me or something…wow the rest of you are going to be here? Oh my I need to find something extra special to wear. Don’t worry my plan is in the works when do you need her to be out?” he asked in an excited voice yet reprimanding himself from screaming.

He had to giggle at him as he heard his last sentence, “in another fifteen minutes I need her out the guys will be coming from the hotel,” he told him as he looked at his watch. “Thanks Gibbs I knew I could count on you,” he smiled at him one more time before heading to his next accomplice his mother. “Oh, Gibbs please don’t spoil the surprise,” he said as he put his finger on his mouth to emphasize just how important it was for him not spill out the news to his Mona Lisa.

“Oh, of course my lips are sealed,” he told him in a whisper.