- Text Size +
She looked at her friend he looked so weak, “how are you feeling Gibbs?” she asked with worry in her voice.

He felt a little guilty but he had done what he was told, get Lizzie out of the shop. “Yes I just need to drink my pills and just relax a few minutes,” he said as he fanned himself with a folder.

“Gibbs if you don’t feel well I don’t want you to feel obligated to be there today,” she told him in a worried and caring tone.

“No, I will be fine just let my medications settle in and I also decided that I need to change,” he told her as he pulled her into the couch with him.

She smiled at him as she hugged him, “I really have missed you,” she told him. He had been with her through all her crazy weird life and she knew she could always rely on him. They were best friends and nothing could separate there friendship even this disease that now plagued him.

“I have too; I don’t know why I thought that my so called new friend really cared about me. The only person I can trust and I always will is you,” he told her.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He stood in the back of the huge crowd that stood outside waiting for the doors to the art shop to open. He knew he would probably not be welcomed but he had come in peace, AJ had won fair and squared. He looked at the book he held in his hand and smiled with confidence; he wanted her to have the first copy before it went out to bookstores around the world. He still had to find her but he would wait for the right moment.

Finally her dream was only a few seconds from coming true she stood there holding the hand of the man she loved and the hand of the man she considered her brother. Finally it was time to cut the ribbon she turned to Alex and spoke, “I want you to cut for good luck,” she told him.

He smiled and cleared his throat, “actually I have a better idea,” with that the rest of his band mates came out of nowhere joining them. The crowd went crazy and he loved it he wanted this to be the talk in all the news shows and everywhere; what a better way than to have themselves come and cut the ribbon.

“Wow talk about publicity,” she whispered into his ears.

“Hey I know a few things on business you know,” with that he joined them and slowly cut the red ribbon.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was over excited as she looked at the crowded shop; people were actually buying her art work.

“I must say you have done a great job,” he said to her as he finally saw her standing alone.

She froze when she heard his voice, not today she thought not her perfect day. “Thanks,” she told him hoping he would leave.

“Look, I just came to apologize for my crazy behavior and to give you this,” he told her as he handed her a book.

“The Girl from the Cab,” she read the title out loud. “It’s yours, wow congratulations,” she told in an honest voice.

“Thanks but I owe it to you, thank you for showing up in my life. This book is about you I just wanted you to have the first copy before it hits the bookstores.” He said as he looked down to the floor trying not to show her how intimidating she was to him now.

“Wow, I don’t know what to say… I mean me? Wow I am flattered,” she told him.

“Well I did change the names though, but when you read it you will see,” he smiled finally looking at her. “I hope you don’t mind me buying a frame I just love your work. Oh and I hope one day you can at least see me as your friend, congratulations Lisa,” he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. He walked away slowly and just was happy to know she had accepted his apology and his book.

She smiled as she watched him disappear into the crowd, “I will send you my review,” she told before she lost him into the crowd.

He smiled to her and with that he disappeared into the crowd, “at least she’s happy,” he said to no one in specific.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was satisfied and looked around the room most of the people were gone now; just a few still looked around. She smiled as she saw Gibbs come to her, “hey so what did you think is it a hit or what?” she asked.

“Oh my god people loved it, me as the manager of the store will make sure it stays up and running.” He hugged her and twirled her around in happiness.

“Ok you can be the manager but what about Broadway?” she asked.

“Nah, I think I like to be normal, besides if I don’t stay who will make sure your business does not crash and burn?” he said in a subtle tone. The truth was he just didn’t think he could handle Broadway anymore, besides he knew his living days were counted he wanted to enjoy them with the people he loved.

“Ahem, can I please have your attention,” she told everyone that was still in the shop. It wasn’t as crowded as before so this would make this surprise even better, “Mona can you please come over here,” she walked up to her and Gibbs grabbing her and taking to the center of the room. The room suddenly became filled with a melody and slowly came out Howie with a microphone in hand…

You don't run with the crowd
You go your own way
You don't play after dark
You light up my day
Got your own kind of style
That sets you apart
Baby, that's why you captured my heart


I know sometimes you feel like you don't fit in
And this world doesn't know what you have within
When I look at you, I see something rare
A rose that can grow anywhere (grow anywhere)
And there's no one I know that can compare

What makes you different, (alright) makes you beautiful (alright)
What's there inside you, (alright) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful to me

Hey, yeah yeah yeah
You got something so real
You touched me so deep (touched me so deep)
See material things
Don't matter to me
So come as you are
You've got nothing to prove
You won me with all that you do
And I wanna take this chance to say to you

What makes you different, (alright, yeah yeah) makes you beautiful (alright)
What's there inside you, (alright) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful

She was in shock but yet she like it, she continued to listen to the song yet she wondered where Alex was… she had counted only four stood in front of her singing…that’s when she felt an hand grab hers. There stood Alex beside her just in time for his part of the song…

You don't know (you don't know) how you touched my life (touched my life)
Oh in so many ways (so many ways) I just can't describe
You taught me what love is supposed to be
You saw the little things that make you beautiful to me (so beautiful)
Oh yeah, yeah

What makes you,
What makes you different, (what makes) makes you beautiful (to me)
What's there inside you, (there shines) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful to me

Everything you do is beautiful (so beautiful)
Love you give shines right through me (shines right through to me)
Everything you do is beautiful (ooh, ooh ooh ooh oh)
Oh, you're beautiful to me (to me)

She began to cry softly when she saw him kneel down on one knee as the song ended. She couldn’t breathe not because she didn’t want what was going to happen but because she just never thought this would happen to her. She was used to being the ugly duckling and now here she was.

“Did I surprise you?” he asked as he dug out the small velvet box from his pocket. “My Mona Lisa, I love you and wish to be with you forever will you do me the honor of marrying me?” he opened the box for her to see the ring.

She looked at him in silence and then she just began to cry, “Yes I want to marry you,” she finally said. She felt him grab her hand and gently place the ring on her, “I love you,” she mouth to him. He finally stood up hugging her and of course giving her kiss, she kissed him back as she heard the small crowd clap. She still felt like she would wake up from this wonderful dream soon, it was too good to be true.

Finally they both were bombarded with congratulations from both family and friends. “I hope you make my daughter very happy,” he told the man.

“You know I will Mr. Vickers, thank you for allowing this to happen. Without your consent this wouldn’t have been a good success I know how much you mean to her.” He told him as he hugged the man.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Finally alone,” he told her as sat beside her. He put his hand on hers and sighed, “I love you,” he said after a short silence.

She turned to face him, “I love you too,” she caressed his cheek before leaning in to kiss him. “I want a small wedding definitely in the beach,” she finally said after the kiss.

“It’s whatever you want; I just want the ending result… Let’s take a walk,” he said standing up letting his feet feel the sand. He helped her up and together started down toward the waves. “Do you think they’ve notice we are no longer in the house?” he asked as they continued to walk.

“Probably not, they are to busy partying on our behalf. I feel sorry for you though because they are trashing your house,” she said as she laughed.

“Don’t you mean our house now?” he asked as he playfully pushed her.

“Not yet, so it’s all you…” she told him as she stopped to look at him.

“You’re going to help you fiancé right?” he asked as he gave her the sad puppy face.

“Awe, that’s not fair…you win I will help you,” she told him as she kissed him softly.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok two more chapters... hope you like. Please review.