- Text Size +
She waited patiently for him in the nearly silent airport, a few people here and there but for most part she was alone. She was so happy to be back in California but this time she was here shopping for her wedding and to surprise her fiancé by being there for his arrival. Just as she thought she could wait no longer the plane landed and her heart almost stopped it she had been a long time away from her Alex. She finally went to where he was bound to come out from. She could feel her heart beat go faster as saw him walk out with Nick beside him. Smiling she cleared her throat hoping to catch his attention, but before she could even call to him her eyes met his. “Hey,” she mouth to him as he quicken his pace.

He was tired yet he was determined to fly out to Florida the next day to go see his Mona Lisa. To his surprise she was standing in the airport waiting for him, he felt a wave of electricity come over him as he saw her stand there. How could she even think she was worthless if she had given him so much. “Hey,” he said quickly before going in for a kiss that brought him goose bumps. “I thought I was going to Florida tomorrow?” he said after the kiss.

“Yeah not true I just didn’t want you to know I would be here to surprise you,” she said shyly as she saw the sly smile Nick was giving AJ and her. “Hi Nick,” she said as she went in to give him a hug.

“Well hello Lisa,” he returned the warm hug. “How’s your shop going?”

“Good Gibbs is an awesome help, especially right now that I am planning my wedding,” she blushed as she finished her sentence. Never in her mind would she be doing this, well at least that’s what she thought. Then she met him, Alex somehow she still felt like Mrs. Betty had something to do with this. She smiled as the memory of Mrs. Betty came in she would always tell her that she would find someone that would see how beautiful she really was. Mrs. Betty was probably watching her from heaven and smiling at her. She shook away her memories and spoke, “So I know you’re tired and want to rest so how about I cook you something. Then you can rest, because tomorrow we have shopping to do.”

“A home cooked meal I’m in,” said Nick as he smiled at Lisa’s suggestion.

“Hold on Nicky boy that’s only for me, sorry no tag alongs…” he smiled evilly.

“Oh quit being mean McLean, your welcome to join us Nick,” she giggled at the face Nick had made.

“Yeah Nick you can tag along…I just wanted to see your priceless face expression,” said AJ as he grabbed his luggage.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
She held tight to his arm as they ran into the coffee shop, it had been a wonderful morning to till the rain came. “Darn my hair, why did it have to rain?” she said as she put her hair into a messy bun.

“You look beautiful with you hair in any style including its original curls,” he told her as he handed her a napkin. “So what do you want to drink? After all that shopping we did, I definitely need a well caffeinated drink,” he smiled at her as he finished his sentence.

“Uhm, whatever has chocolate in it and cold, surprise me,” she told him as she took a seat. “Hopefully the rain stops so we can continue our shopping.” She told him as he leaned in and kissed her. She smiled as he walked away to get there drinks. She looked at him just browsing the list of drinks and smiled. She was so happy and nothing could ruin that for her, that’s when she noticed the woman staring at her with a smile. She tried to play it off but she wasn’t good enough, she began to wonder why the woman kept staring at her.

“Here you go, I hope you like it,” he told her as he sat next to her. He saw the look on her face and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Ok act subtle and look to your left at the far end. There’s a woman that just won’t stop staring at me and now she’s looking at both of us.” She told him in almost whisper.

He never could be a subtle person so he turned and looked. He froze as he saw the red hair and beautiful smile. “Hailey,” he said as he continued to stare making eye contact with her. He saw her stand up and knew exactly where she was going, “That’s the therapist I told you about,” he told his Mona Lisa.

“What? The one you…” she stopped herself from speaking as she saw who approached there table. She couldn’t help but feel jealous she was gorgeous, so poised and sophisticated.

“Well hello, Mr. McLean,” she told the young man smiling. “I knew it was you since I saw you come in,” she told him as she extended her hand.

“Hailey, I mean Dr. Dane…” he took her hand in his and smiled. “I would like you to meet my fiancée Lisa,” he told her.

“Oh, wow nice to meet you,” she extended her hand to the young woman that sat beside her former patient. “But its Dr. White, I went back to my maiden name…” she finished as she smiled to them.

“Oh, I’m sorry Dr. White,” he said as he held on to his Mona Lisa’s hand.

“No don’t be I am happier now. Listen Alex I Actually wanted to know if there was a way for you and the guys to help me out with a surprise for my eldest daughter. I was going to call you but since we didn’t leave in good terms I didn’t know if you would actually answer my call. Look at me how could I; I’m sorry. I should leave you two…” she said as she looked at the way they held hands.

“Don’t go Hailey I actually am happy of the way our last conversation ended, I found the real thing now,” he said as he smiled to the woman. “So tell me what exactly it is that you need? I can try to see what we can do…” he told her.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Was she wrong in feeling the way she felt? She heard him tell her he had found the real thing yet… she clearly remembered what he had told her the day at the beach. Was she making to much of the situation? He had been very clear with her about the relationship between her and him, yet something about the smile that lady gave him made her doubt her words. What could she do? She could trust him right? She was brought back to reality by the light kisses on her neck. “Good morning,” she said as she smiled at him.

“Good morning gorgeous,” he said as he continued to kiss her. He was pretty happy at the moment she was with him and it seemed like she trusted him. She didn’t show any type of anger or doubts after she heard that he and boys had accepted in singing a couple of songs for Hailey’s daughter on her birthday. It had been short notice but the guys had agreed, the bad thing was she wouldn’t be going to the party. “Come on babe go with me?” he asked again as he kissed her lips this time.

“I told you I can’t I have the appointment to try on my dress. I can’t cancel that besides your mother is flying all the way over here to accompany me…I can’t.” she said as she giggled to his touch.

“I know I just would love you if you did,” he said as he faced her with a serious face. “Can I ask you something?” he finally said.

“Hmm,” she smiled as she faced him. She loved waking up with him on her side.

“Are you ok with what I am doing? I mean I know you said you are but I want to be sure. I mean I did tell you how I felt about Hailey before, now of course I feel nothing for her. You haven’t said anything and I appreciate it but if you do have any doubts or anything please tell me…” he finished as he caressed her cheek.

She smiled before answering, “The truth is I am a little jealous because she is really hot, like you told me. I am jealous Alex, I am but I know that you love me and that lets me know I have nothing to worry about.” She leaned in and kissed him softly to assure him she was ok even if deep inside she really wasn’t.

“I am so in love with you,” he said after breaking the kiss.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Mom you’ve made me the happiest daughter in America!” she hugged the older woman and then went in for another hug with each of them. Of course she wanted a picture with them and definitely one with only Nick her favorite.

“You deserve this and more sweetie,” she told the young redhead that was overwhelmed with her birthday gift. Her daughter was now eighteen, yet she was still a little girl. Just by the way she reacted to her surprise she had so much still to learn. “Well guys thanks for this, especially you Alex. I don’t know how to thank you for convincing the other guys. You all just made a few teenage girls so happy,” she said as she laughed lightly. “May I please speak to you Alex?” she asked as she saw his daughter was busy interrogating the other guys.

“Sure what is it?” he asked as he looked at the woman.

“Not here please, follow me…” she told him as she walked into another room. She smiled when she heard him follow, once inside the room she spoke, “how much do I owe you?” she asked him.

“Oh Hailey it’s nothing really, I actually feel like I owe you for the last time. If you wouldn’t have told me what you did I wouldn’t have found my true path…” he said smiling.

She stopped smiling for a second and then spoke again, “what if I told you that I regret telling you what I did…” she said subtly as she got closer to the young man.

He could feel that trouble was coming his way and the truth was Hailey was hot. But he was not into her like that anymore, “I wouldn’t believe you because I felt like you spoke honestly that day,” he said as he took a few steps back.

“But you were right I didn’t love Sam anymore, now I am single and I still seem to be very attracted to you.” She said as she got closer to him again and without hesitation went in for a kiss only to have him stop her.

“No, Hailey I can’t,” he told her as he pushed her away softly. Only then did he feel bad, seeing the tears forming in her eyes. He felt his heart break when he heard her begin to cry, “Oh Hailey please you know you have a friend me and like you told me once you’ll find someone in you path that’s right for you.”

“No I won’t look at me! I am an old hag,” she said crying and wrapped her arms around him.

He hesitantly hugged her for moral support yet regretted it as soon as she got so close to him. Just then Howie walked in only to turn abruptly, “Howie,” he screamed before he left the room. He sighed with relief when her grip loosened and she wiped her eyes, “Hailey here wanted to pay us for our singing,” he said after catching Howie’s attention.

“Yes I do,” she said wiping her eyes and smiling at the other man.

“You don’t have to we did it with pleasure,” said Howie as he eyed his friend.

“That’s what I told her, why we don’t just go enjoy the party,” he said fast as he started to walk out the room. He smiled with relief and for Howie’s timing, he would have to explain this to Howie later.