- Text Size +
*****Seven years later******

He smiled as he looked at the kids faces, “Now that’s a true love story,” he said to them.

“Uncle Gibbs is that really how my mom and dad met?” asked the little boy with a smile on his face.

“Yes, isn’t it just so beautiful, so remember it’s not about how you look? It’s about how you are,” he said as he messed with the little girl’s hair. That’s when he heard his name being called, “I guess your mommy is here to pick you up.”

“There you guys are,” she told her two kids. “What did your uncle Gibbs tell you this time, another horror story? So you guys wont sleep all night?” she asked them as she hugged them.

“No mom, he told us a love story,” said the little girl.

She smiled at her friend and asked, “really what story was it Gibbs?”

“Oh just the one of a girl I know and how she found her prince,” he said.

“Oh, boy…I think I know her. Well I must get going Alex gets home today from Europe and I promised to have something cooked for him. Come on Judy and Dennis let’s go, say goodbye to your Uncle Gibbs.”

After so many goodbyes and a promise to get better soon, he watched her leave. He knew his days were counted, but at least he knew his Lizzie would be ok. He looked at the white room and the bed he lay in. He really was not ready to leave this earth but he knew there was nothing he could do; his disease had finally taken a toll on him. He hadn't dared to look at himself in the mirror because he was afraid he would not recognize himself. The only thing that kept him going was that he knew Lizzie would be coming soon or if not her kids. AJ also visited him along with one or two of the other guys. He truly was happy with the accomplishments he had done, his Lizzie’s store was a hit and knowing he helped made him happy. He wasn’t ready to go, he was young still… “God if its time for me to go please make it painless…” he blurted out to know one. He hated being in this home, having nurses come in a check on him every half hour. He wanted to live, but his body had lost the will to continue…

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She hadn't cried so much like she had today. She stood there reading the plaque over and over. Her Gibbs was gone; her confidant was now gone for good. She knew he had been very ill lately but she also new that her Gibbs was strong, yet here she was saying goodbye without really wanting to. She was glad that he was able to meet her kids and that her kids met him. Both of them had bonded with him he was there Uncle Gibbs, now he wouldn’t be there. Her years of marriage were great but, she always had Gibbs to go to when she couldn’t handle Alex, it was rare but still. When Alex was in tour Gibbs would be there, now he wouldn’t. Gibbs was her brother her best friend, so many years of friendship and now he had left her. “Goodbye Gibbs and don’t you think I wont be coming out here to see you. Please continue to protect me from wherever you are, especially my kids you understand me?” she smiled in between her sobs. So many good memories with him…then the one that change both there lives forever. But none she regretted because she knew Gibbs didn’t, she closed her eyes as she felt his warm hug.

“Come on babe, we have to go,” he whispered into her ear. He felt horrible too and he knew just how awful the loss of someone could be. “He still lives inside you babe, you know he wouldn’t want you to be like this.”

“I know Alex; I know…” she told her husband as she hugged him. “Let’s go home,” she told him as she finally rested the yellow rose she held on the fresh pile of dirt.

“I made a promise to him and I will keep it. Even though I didn’t need to, I intend to always take care of you. I love you,” he said as he held her hand.

She looked at him and smiled, “I love you too.”
Chapter End Notes:
The End.. that's it.... please let me know what you think... this was my first FF. please comment :)