- Text Size +
Two weeks ago, she didn’t think she could stand not having Gilbert here to help her out. Now she had AJ, he was different yet he was fun. She looked at her watch she couldn’t wait to leave her work. Now all she wanted was to spend more time with him, he was just so much fun to be with. He understood her and she understood him. He understood him and she was having a blast with him. His voice was incredible and he was teaching her to play the drums, she had always wanted to learn to play an instrument. She was teaching him how to paint. She knew he would soon leave, he had told her about his girlfriend Sarah. How great she was to him even before his rehab, he also had to face the media and see if he could do some shows with his alter ego Johnny No Name. She had even bought his CD’s to listen to his music. The Backstreet boys, she hadn’t really liked pop but, after hearing the group she had to admit they knew how sing. She was interrupted by a knock on her door.

“Hey, Lizzie, I have a message from some guy name CJ or was it AJ, I don’t remember but he told me to tell you to call him.” She said as she handed her the piece of paper to her. “I think he thought I was lying to him when I told him you were on the phone,” said Patsy as she took a seat in front of Lizzie’s desk. She smiled as she saw her face brighten at the mention of the guy’s name.

“Thanks Pat,” she said as she looked through her cell phone for his phone number. She noticed Pat staring at her with curiosity. “What? He’s just a friend,” she said to her.

“Nothing, it’s just nice to see you have other friends,” said Patsy as she stood and walked to the door. “Just promise me you will tell me later about this,” she said as she opened the door.

“I will soon, “she said as she found what she was looking for. She quickly dialed the number not even noticing that Patsy was now gone.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She walked slowly to big white door; with hesitation she rang the doorbell. She was about to run when the door opened and their stood a woman a little taller than her. She didn’t know what to say, but was surprised to learn that this strange woman knew her name.

“Oh, hi you must be Lisa! Come in please, “she moved out of the way to let the young woman in. Alex had filled her in on the situation and she was happy for her and him. “Gosh, I am so rude I am Sarah Martin,” she extended her hand to her.

She shyly shook her hand, she was gorgeous. She felt intimidated and felt jealous not because she was dating AJ, it was because she looked good and she radiated confidence. Something she very much lacked of, she was jealous of that right? She fixed her glasses again and looked down to the floor, “it’s nice to meet you, I am Lisa Vickers,” she said in almost a whisper. She was already thinking of what she was going to say to excuse herself away from there.

“Hey, Liz glad you made it,” he said as he walked in to the foyer. He greeted her with a smile. Then he intertwined his hand with Sarah’s, he knew she was uncomfortable but he knew Sarah would break that tension soon. “I see you met my girl, she gave me a surprise today when she showed up here at mom’s house.” He just felt like he needed to explain that to her, to let her know he had not planned this. He wanted her to trust him, he was her friend.

“Wow, well that’s good cause I had come to cancel our lesson for today,” she lied as she nervously played with her fingers. She was in the verge of crying, and she didn’t know why. Why was she having trouble with this, he had only been her friend for a little over two weeks. She had to get out of there soon, she knew if not she would break. “I have an appointment at the dentist and I had totally forgotten about it till I got the call to remind me!” Without waiting for a respond she walked to the door, opened the door and ran toward her house.

“Wow she really is shy isn’t she?” she looked at him who was still staring at the recently closed door. “So does that mean you can go with me?” she asked as she pulled his face toward her face and kissing him softly on the lips.

“Well, I kind of wanted to stay here and enjoy my last week of peace and serenity. If I go with you to Orlando I won’t get that and you know that baby,” he said as he caressed her cheek. “I am actually enjoying the normality,” he said.

“You sure it’s that only Alex?” she asked more as joke than a doubt. I mean why would he want anything more with that poor girl right? She had more chances of loosing him to one of her own friends than that poor rich girl. She laughed as she saw his face expression change after her question.

“What? Seriously babe you think I have a crush on her? Your kidding right I’ve only known her for two weeks and have you seen her? She is not my taste, I like hot and well endowed women like you,” he said as he gave her a grin. “I mean please she wears turtle necks on a beautiful sunny day in Florida! She hides herself in layers of clothes, stay assured sweetie you have nothing to worry about with her.” He laughed along as he realized she was just joking with him. “But since you are here right now how about we enjoy this day,” he raised his eyebrows as he pulled her toward him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He sighed heavily as he realized where he was, he was in front of the Vickers home. Two days had passed since Sarah had come and it seemed like since then Lisa was not available at all. It was bothering him; he wanted to know what was going on? Why had she all of sudden did not want to see him. He missed her company, in the past few weeks he had totally experienced a different world to his. He appreciated the new perspective and in some way yearned to learn more. Deep inside he felt a connection with her; she was showing him things he didn’t know existed. He had truly missed her the past two days. He felt she was ignoring him, why? He slowly pushed the doorbell, smiling as he heard Hairy barking.

She heard the door and hesitantly went to open it, it was Sunday and her parents were out. She had been tempted to go and see AJ, but she just couldn’t she was mad at him. She didn’t understand these feelings she was suddenly having. Who could it be at the door she thought as she quieted Hairy who hysterically barked at the door? She opened the door and felt like shutting it as soon as she saw who was there. She couldn’t do it though because it wasn’t his fault, it was hers, “Hey, come in.” She allowed him to come in.

“Hey, are you busy? Or can we talk?” he asked as he petted Hairy who was now wanting his attention. He noticed her body language, she was embarrassed but of what?

“I was about to take Hairy to the back and catch up on my reading for awhile,” she answered as she flashed him the book on her hand. She walked toward the back exit and waved for him to follow, as she let Hairy out. She smiled as she saw Hairy go wild in the back yard.

“You know, I like your back yard more than my mom’s, it’s bigger and has a pool,” he said as he walked out to the yard. He smiled as he got an idea in his head.

“What? Your mom has a pool too,” she said to him. She felt an awkward sensation as she saw him staring at her with a wicked smile. She didn’t like that look, he was up to something and she didn’t want to find out. “An indoor pool is so much better…”

“Nah, I still like your’s it allows you to feel the natural breeze,” he said as he swiftly stood behind her. He smiled as he realized this was going to be easier than he thought. He got really close to her and before she could realize what was going to happen he picked her up and threw into the pool. To his dismay she was strong enough and pulled him in as well. He was startled as he hit the cool water. Yeah it had been a big mistake…

She finally reached the top and exhaled, she knew he was up to something stupid…the good thing she was able to bring him down with her. “AJ?” she looked around but did not see him anywhere. She started to panic what if he didn’t know how to swim? She suddenly felt a hard tug on her feet and all she remembered was being submerged into the water again. Resurfacing quickly she caught her breath, “AJ, your so dead!” she said as she spotted him getting out of her pool. But, before she could pull him back he was already out and away from the edge of the pool. So without hesitation she got out too.

He was turned around and hadn’t seen her get out. When he did he was caught off guard, she was soaking wet and her loose clothes was stuck to her body showing it off. She had a gorgeous body, why did she hide it? She had a beautiful body all she needed was little makeover, then she didn’t have to worry about not having friends. He finally realized he was staring for to long and quickly turned around, “Uhm, I think we should change because today is my turn to show you some fun. Meet me at my mom’s after you get dressed, I am going to borrow my mom’s car.” With that he quickly disappeared, he didn’t know why but he just needed to leave.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Honestly AJ this was fun for you?” she said as she helped him bring all the shopping bags. She couldn’t believe she had actually accepted his offer of changing her look.

“Well, no and yes see the fun part will be your makeover,” he said as he winked at her. Now come on I have a lot of work to do. He opened the door to his room for her, “first off I think we need my mom’s assistance with the eyebrows and facial hair.” With that he disappeared and was back in a second with Denise by his side. “My mom used to tour with us back in the day, so she knows how to do the makeup and the waxing part. I leave you in good hands, I will be back in a few,” he looked at her and then at his mother. Then without hesitation he left, he knew exactly where he was going.

“I see my son told you about his vocation,” she smiled at her. She looked frightened, “I really do know what I am doing and you will look so gorgeous when I am done, not that you’re not already beautiful” she finished. “My son really does like your friendship; he tells me you’re a wonderful painter and writer. If you ever decide to publish your poems or if you need any help with your art work let me know, I know some people that can help you. Maybe you can show me one of this days some of your work.”

“Yeah, one of these days,” she said as she frowned feeling exposed since Denise had removed her glasses. “I am really not that good, AJ is just trying to be nice.” She did feel like her soul was glowing with happiness to learn that AJ was talking about her to other people. He liked her work, which made her feel important for once. Maybe she could sell her paintings, maybe open a small shop in town to sell them.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“NO!” she screamed as she stopped him from breaking her glasses. “I don’t have contacts, cause I can’t wear them!” she then took them from him and put them back on her face, she felt safe with them on.

“Fine, you can keep them but, we have to go get you cooler ones, that make you look sophisticated,” he smiled as he looked at her. “Wow mom, you did an awesome job,” he said as he looked at her.

“Thanks, it was my pleasure doing it, Mona you look great!” she gave her a hug and with that she dismissed herself. “Well I would love to keep helping you Alex but, I have to go study for my test. Oh, but don’t worry Mona, he is trustable and I am sure he will do a great job.”

“Oh, thanks Mrs. McLean, I don’t know how to thank you for this.” She smiled as she saw her disappear through the door. “Can I see myself now?” she asked as she turned to look at a curious faced AJ, staring at her.

“No, not yet we still have to do your hair and wardrobe! But tell me about your name I thought your name was Lisa? Is it not?” he asked as he looked through another shopping bag.

“Oh, nothing its – nothing my name is Lisa” she said as she looked away blushing. She didn’t like to talk about her first name; she hated it with a capital H.

“Oh, come on “Mona” tell me, I’ve told you my real name and a lot more of my shit! I promise I won’t laugh,” he pleaded to her with his eyes.

She sighed and spoke, “fine, but first I am not wearing that!” she said as she pointed to the shirt he was holding in his hand. She laughed as he hesitantly threw it on his bed and went back to the shopping bag. “My whole name is – “she paused and watched him bring out another shirt. She did like this one more, it was much more decent for her taste. “Ramona Lisa Vickers, but, I hate my first name for many reasons. My mother is the only one who calls me by my first name, I guess your mom heard her and now she too calls me Mona.” She made a gagging face as she said her first name. My daddy also calls me Mona when his frustrated with me. “You’re not allowed to call me by my first name, because I don’t like it!”

He smiled and spoke, “I think you have a rare and unique name! AND it fits you!” He smiled and handed her a shirt and pants. “Now try these on,” with that he stepped out the room closing the door behind him. “Don’t you dare take a look at the mirror or I will call you Ramona for the rest of your life!” he yelled from outside the door.