Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for June 2008 - Why i'd do it all Again by Mare  (Read 68231 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

aww shh that's the big secret of the whole story!!

And yes, I was actually thinking camping too. How odd. Why is everyone invading my head all of the sudden?

Aww a camping story about Kevin and Nick would be really sweet. Write it. :)

And ya know I always wondered what Kevin thought too about HOC I bet he got a kick seeing Nick in the role Kevin was in with BSB. Cause when you think about how crazy Nick drove Kevin sometimes growing up and Kevin in essence raising him, it was kind of ironic, sweet and amusing to see Nick trying to do the same for his sibs.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

What's sad is, you know that question would hav been asked over and over again in interviews because they kept asking Howie and I KNOW that Kevin would have been paired with Howie and Nick. I would have loved to hear Kevin say how proud he was of Nick with going to therapy, pulling himself together and losing all that weight. lol i'm such a sap I know.

You did put the idea in my head now Rose, I mean i'm not sure if it'll be a long story but maybe a short story would work. We'll see. I've been trying to challen my inner Kevin who has been absent for quite some time now. *kicks Kevin*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

aww shh that's the big secret of the whole story!!

And yes, I was actually thinking camping too. How odd. Why is everyone invading my head all of the sudden?

Oh, shh, now it's on the previous page and no one will know. lol

It's because we've all been reading "Why." lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

It only took me sixteen hours to read, instead of seventeen and a half. ;) Just thought I would tell you that. lol

And can we please start a thread about the mountain serenity tapes? That cracked me up! lol (though I don't know how I feel about gluten-free cookies.... :-\)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Gosh, this coming up with questions deal is a toughie...but here's another one:

Is there any part of the story that you feel like you could or should have spent more time on? Is there anything that you didn't flesh out completely to your liking or did everything end up written just the way you wanted?
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Oh, and I don't know if this was mentioned when all of us were discussing our fave parts of the story, but one of my absolute favorite moments is when the the guys, minus Nick, are eating a healthy lunch, and Nick walks past the window of the place they're in, carrying a McDonald's bag. I could practically imagine the look on his face when he saw anti-greasy foods Kevin lol

Great job with that one, Mare!
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Oh, shh, now it's on the previous page and no one will know. lol

It's because we've all been reading "Why." lol

lol true phew my secret is still safe. Thank goodness for page 12 :)

and yes we'll name the next thread something about a serenity tape. You'll have to bring up the glutton free cookies to kevin. It was his idea, not mine.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Gosh, this coming up with questions deal is a toughie...but here's another one:

Is there any part of the story that you feel like you could or should have spent more time on? Is there anything that you didn't flesh out completely to your liking or did everything end up written just the way you wanted?

Ooh that's another great question. Actually there is one majorly big thing i forgot to mention in this story that everytime I think about it I ugh! and that's the small matter of Nick getting arrested for a DUI. I had every intention of bringing that up because it did happen within that time frame, but not to blame the man once again, but when the whole Kevin leaving the group news broke out I think it side tracked me from including that. Other than that I think everything else pretty much came out the way I wanted it to for the most part.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Oh, and I don't know if this was mentioned when all of us were discussing our fave parts of the story, but one of my absolute favorite moments is when the the guys, minus Nick, are eating a healthy lunch, and Nick walks past the window of the place they're in, carrying a McDonald's bag. I could practically imagine the look on his face when he saw anti-greasy foods Kevin lol

Aww yes, I think it was Sarah. People seem to really enjoy that one or the sandwich one best. Although Dee liked the Frick and Frack chapter best of all. lol And you know, the other guys weren't eating all that healthy. They were in the middle of eating black and white cookies when Nick walked by. I wonder if he realized that? lol

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

^oh yeah! Duh *smacks forehead* lol I just loved all the funny little things in that story. Like you and that fade-to-black Kevin and Kristin implied sex scene lol Was it hard for you to write the two of them all cuddly in bed?
Sarah

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

I know! I wish that I could have heard Kevin's thoughts cause you're right he would have been paired with Howie and Nick. *sigh*

Yay for putting an idea in your head! I always love seeing Mare fics anyway.

Yes I mentioned that because the image of Nick seeing them see him with McDonalds even if they all had cookies...and him bolt without his food in fear of Kevin....is priceless.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^oh yeah! Duh *smacks forehead* lol I just loved all the funny little things in that story. Like you and that fade-to-black Kevin and Kristin implied sex scene lol Was it hard for you to write the two of them all cuddly in bed?

surprisingly, not really. I like Kristin so maybe that's why? lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I know! I wish that I could have heard Kevin's thoughts cause you're right he would have been paired with Howie and Nick. *sigh*

Yay for putting an idea in your head! I always love seeing Mare fics anyway.

Yes I mentioned that because the image of Nick seeing them see him with McDonalds even if they all had cookies...and him bolt without his food in fear of Kevin....is priceless.

*whispers* I actually started on it. We'll see what happens, nothing at all might come of it but i have two pages of it written. So, thanks for the idea. For now it's just the two of them but I think I might incorporate all five so it's not too much like Fly Fishing. If it makes it past this initial first chapter. lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

*whispers* I actually started on it. We'll see what happens, nothing at all might come of it but i have two pages of it written. So, thanks for the idea. For now it's just the two of them but I think I might incorporate all five so it's not too much like Fly Fishing. If it makes it past this initial first chapter. lol

Yes! I'm awesome lol. I should get a "get out of smite free" pass for this one.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Hey, you know, depending on when you're doing this, perhaps this is what the guys do while Kristen is having her baby shower? They all go camping? lol.

Just a thought if you need a reason to incorporate the other 3 :)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25