Fic Talk > Writer's Circle

Let's ring in the new year with some praise!

<< < (9/10) > >>

honey:

--- Quote from: kevmylove on January 05, 2009, 12:02:25 PM ---7. Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.
I would have to say Kelly (Honey) cause even though she disappeared from updating her fan fiction, she has taken the plunge to write an original fiction AND it’s supernatural something a lot of us can’t pull off, I think. I just started reading it and it’s a great read. It’s really well written and I’m loving it…I’m hooked actually.

By the way thank you to Kelly, Steph and Krystal I have put a lot more time and effort to my new stories, I'm honored to be mentioned. Thank you once again. *Squee*

--- End quote ---

Aww, thanks Erika! I got all giddy when I found your Jamie reviews! I always get so excited when people give my original stuff a chance. (And I'm sorry about dropping the ball on the fan fic, but like I said that's going to be something I'm going to work on this year.)

And, you're totally welcome. Like I said, I can tell that you've worked really hard on your writing this year. I love to see people making so much progress, and I'm glad that you're getting the recognition for it! You've earned it!

Kentuckychickrk:
I'm a little late here, but my work schedule's finally slowing so I'm hoping to be able to be around a whole lot more and get back into reading and writing  ;D

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2008?

Wow... well probably finishing my first ever story (Unsaid Goodbyes) and following up with a whole bunch of others.  That's been really fun and exciting!
2.  What do you feel was the best piece of writing you did this year? 

Hmm... I think my best piece of writing from this year would have to be either "For the Rest of My Life" or "Someone's Miracle" -- my favorite quote from a story would be from SM;

"His words were soft, his voice not quite perfect, but the intent with which he sang his song was absolutely beautiful.  He held her hand and sang her soul right out of her body and up into the heavens, where he hoped she could hear his voice... where he hoped she knew he loved her."

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 2008).

Someone's Miracle -- because it was probably the most difficult story I've ever written and because there is so much meaning behind it.  It is emotional, sad and uplifting all at the same time... and I love the characters.

4.  Give us a link to one of your own stories that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed, and tell us why you think it's worthy of being read.

For the Rest of My Life
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9113

The story is based upon stories I've been told by couples overcoming the struggle of living while their loved one dies from cancer.  I still can't read it without crying... and I wrote it...

5.  Switching over to praise for other writers, give us a link to someone ELSE'S story that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  Again, tell us why you think this story is worthy of being read.

The World Will Know Your Name (RockofAges75) -- I have read this short story so many times and I absolutely LOVE it.  It's touching and beautiful and so worthy of praise.

6.  What was the best story you discovered in 2008?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

Children Like Me -- Mersey
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8302

I've gotta give her props for bringing the Winchesters into a BSB fanfic and I must say, even though I'm not typically a sci-fi fan, she had me hooked from the first sentence!

7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.

Mare -- of course I'm newer to the AC and therefore newer to the older stories but I have read and loved more stories of Mares than I count.  She's an amazing writer... the stories could be about anyone and I'd read them.

8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions for 2009?  If so, what are they?

Get back to writing.  Working 60-70 hours/week over the holidays really threw a wedge in the writing thing. I'm looking forward to having time off again to just relax and write.

Nijntje:

--- Quote from: honey on January 05, 2009, 05:11:14 PM ---I think you should post more too!  :P I feel like we never talk anymore. Where've you been all my life? (Or at least this year lol.)  

Oh, and as always, thanks for all the Honey love!  I love that you love In The Shadows! You're totally our biggest fan! And LMAO that you love "It's your party, Howie"!

--- End quote ---

Well yeah, I do! And that you should be proud of, cause I ain't that much of a Howie-kinda-girl lol..

About the posting thing, I knoooooooooooo w!

mare:

--- Quote from: Nijntje on January 05, 2009, 01:18:43 PM ---6.  What was the best story you discovered in 2008?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

Can I choose two?

"It's your party, Howie, you can cry if you want to" by Honey. http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9211
It's just hilarious and she did an amazing job at writing a "Choose your own adventure"-story. I know it's very difficult, but she made it seem easy.

"A million little things" by Mare. http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9114
Because she again writes this story in such a way that I could easily believe all this happened in real life.

7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.

Sorry to say that I'm not that sure other than the authors who always impress me with their writing skills (Honey, Mare, Rebellious_One, etc etc).

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Kentuckychickrk on January 05, 2009, 07:50:37 PM ---7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.

Mare -- of course I'm newer to the AC and therefore newer to the older stories but I have read and loved more stories of Mares than I count.  She's an amazing writer... the stories could be about anyone and I'd read them.

--- End quote ---

aw, thanks so much to the both of you! :) *hugs*

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: Kentuckychickrk on January 05, 2009, 07:50:37 PM ---3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 2008).

Someone's Miracle -- because it was probably the most difficult story I've ever written and because there is so much meaning behind it.  It is emotional, sad and uplifting all at the same time... and I love the characters.

4.  Give us a link to one of your own stories that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed, and tell us why you think it's worthy of being read.

For the Rest of My Life
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9113

The story is based upon stories I've been told by couples overcoming the struggle of living while their loved one dies from cancer.  I still can't read it without crying... and I wrote it...

5.  Switching over to praise for other writers, give us a link to someone ELSE'S story that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  Again, tell us why you think this story is worthy of being read.

The World Will Know Your Name (RockofAges75) -- I have read this short story so many times and I absolutely LOVE it.  It's touching and beautiful and so worthy of praise.

--- End quote ---

First off, both your stories I included in my quote piqued my interest from the description you gave, so I will definitely have to check them out!  This is why I love this thread... I'm not sure I've ever read anything by you, so I'm curious to read these stories I may not have found on my own!

Second, thanks! ;D  I remember the review you left for my story came as such an unexpected surprise to me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version