Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Song For The Undead  (Read 53844 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: 4.15.12
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2009, 09:24:30 AM »

Well, pointless isn't synonymous with boring. I get it though, I don't need 31 chapters of explanation as to why you're being so long winded.

I don't necessarily have any suggestions beyond the fact that I felt too much like it was painfully obvious you were trying to "build suspense", and hide certain details. Through most chapters I felt myself saying 'okay, get on with it' because it's just the same thing over and over. I don't really care about any of the characters, because it's jumped around too much for me to remember who they are before I get back to them again.

The details take up more time than the actions, so even the "exciting" parts where people were dying I skimmed. Plus, the changes in writing style bugged me also.

But that's just one person's opinion, I thought Twilight was garbage after all so obviously I don't have good taste lol

I know what you mean; I felt the same way reading "The Stand," which I think is why it's taken me so long to get into it.  But, knowing Stephen King, I'm sure all the build-up and introduction in that one will pay off in the end, and I'm hoping the same thing for our story.  I know not everyone has the patience or attention span for that, though.  If it's not your thing, it's not your thing.  We're not going to change it, and some of what bugged you - like the writing styles - we couldn't change anyway.  It's a collaboration LOL.  Hopefully you've got something else to read that's faster-paced! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2009, 05:22:21 PM »

I'm a huge Stephen King fan, so I'm not opposed to build up. I find most of his work to be page turners.

There was no expectation that you would change anything, and if you don't want concrit that's cool too lol

Even collaborations should have consistency, in my opinion. When you can look at something and know when the author changes, it comes off as choppy. Collabs should bring two styles together to make their own, not just write as separate people and say it flows.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:25:14 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »

I don't mind concrit; I'm enjoying the discussion, and I appreciate your feedback and question about where the story is going.  I understand your points about the pace of the story, and that's something I'll keep in mind for my next story.  That said, it's not going to be able to effect this one, since we're already about to the "meaty" stuff.  (We are, actually, we just haven't posted that far.)

It sounds like, no matter what our response would have been, you'd already made your mind up about discontinuing the story.  That's disappointing to us, of course, but not something we have much control over and also not something to dwell on or hold against you.

Neither of us will claim to be the best writers, and I'm sure our styles do have something to be desired, but I will say this.  Rose and I have put our best effort into this story and had a lot of fun writing it so far, and we're looking forward to what is to come, regardless of how many readers stick with it.  Of course, we're hoping most will, or we wouldn't even be posting it, but at the end of the day, we're going to keep writing the story we've envisioned, in a style that feels natural to us, and hope that we can keep a few people entertained along with us.

I'm sorry it didn't turn out to be your cup of tea, but thanks again for at least giving it a try.  Your reviews meant a lot! :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:17:05 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2009, 08:11:46 PM »

That all said lol, Chapter 28's been posted.  :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 01:19:08 PM »

Chapter 29's been posted. That said, :), we're coming very close to the day in question. 4.15.12. So yay.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »

Chapter 30 is up, and we're going to post Chapter 31 in about 2 hours... midnight EST.  Stay tuned!  Soon you will know!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2009, 11:18:32 PM »

Chapter 31 has been posted. And now, you will know!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2009, 11:29:43 PM »

Mwahaha!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2009, 11:43:58 PM »

*joins in the evil laughter*

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Song For The Undead
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »

Now that the real title has been revealed, and our lovely twist, figured I should change the title of the thread to Song For The Undead lol. Of course Julie made awesome avvys in honor of our love of zombies  ;D.

Also, beyond my rambling lol, we just updated the story yet again.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »

*sings*  This is the song for the undead!

I've only been singing that for like 11 months.  Glad I can "sing" it out loud now!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Song For The Undead
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2009, 08:17:39 PM »

LOL^^^

*does the Thriller dance* RIP MJ, the man who brought us the greatness of Thriller

Chapter 33 has been posted.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »

Chapter 34 has been posted.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »

Oops...forgot last week. Well, Ch. 35 was posted last week LOL and Ch.36 was just posted.

Btw, has anyone seen HBP? Awesome movie!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2009, 07:47:54 PM »

10 chapters later I remember we actually have this thread.

Song For The Undead has been updated in honor of Halloween. A time when rotting reanimated corpses, MUST be honored! lol. So yeah, Chapter 45 is up lol.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15