Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: My Sister's Keeper :O)  (Read 7695 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: My Sister's Keeper :O)
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2009, 06:39:16 AM »

I just saw a preview for the movie of this!  I didn't know Abigail Breslin was in it...  She's such a great little actress!  That makes me excited to see it, cause it looks like they did a good job making it.

Originally Dakota Fanning was playing Kate but then she backed out because she didn't want to be in a movie where she had no hair.

Also the ending in the movie is different, test audiences found the original ending to not be 'happily ever after' enough.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »

I didn't realize Cameron Diaz was going to be the mom, I thought she was going to be the guardian person for some reason...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2009, 03:55:10 PM »

I'm not sure how I feel about Cameron Diaz being mom. She's too sunshine and roses for me. And i'm stil annoyed they are changing the ending. Someone better die.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2009, 08:32:33 PM »

I bet you everyone lives!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2009, 08:36:43 PM »

BOO!!!! That would stink. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2009, 09:25:16 PM »

I don't understand why they would change the ending, I would be pissed if I was Jodi Picoult!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »

I know! I wouldn't let them change my ending. It won't be realistic if everyone lives. Maybe they'll kill off Cameron Diaz lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »

Jodi Picoult said she didn't know about it until they were already changing it, but she could only figure that movie audiences were looking for something different than book audiences.
~Maple Jellybean~

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »

See...I think the ending showed the cruel irony of the whole thing...knowin g that it was changed makes me not want to see it as much as I did...boo.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2009, 09:31:32 PM »

Same here! LOL But I will anyway.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2009, 09:37:06 PM »

Oh, I know I will too!

I looked at the people playing the characters on IMDB and none of them matched the image in my mind.  The most shocking was Campbell...at first, before we got a lot on his background in the novel, I imagined him looking something like Warren Sapp! Ha!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »

Yeah, it's weird that Alec Baldwin is playing him. I still hate Tom Hanks in the Dan Brown movies! LOL He doesn't fit either.

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »

Jodi Picoult said she didn't know about it until they were already changing it, but she could only figure that movie audiences were looking for something different than book audiences.

They are... that's why I will NOT be seeing the movie!  >:(
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »

I just watched the trailer... so yeah... like the only thing I saw that matched up with the book was Anna suing her family. 

And Alec Baldwin for real?  All I can think of when I see his face is the phone call of him screeching at his daughter... that "thoughtless little pig"...  :crazy:
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2009, 10:30:55 PM »

Yeah, I disapprove of changing the ending too, but I still want to see it.  I love a good tearjerker movie... even if it has a happy ending?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8