Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Harry Potter Discussion (for those who've read all the books!)  (Read 11794 times)

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
Re: Harry Potter Discussion (for those who've read all the books!)
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »

you know when it comes to HP and the HBP i loved the book a little more than the movie. I guess it's because HBP was supposed to be the final boiling point for Snape and the ending where he litterally blows up in an emotional sence it didn't appeal to me. I don't think they gave Alan Rickman(the actor who plays Snape) A good dialouge for the movie i really wanted him to come out like in the book very sinister and still in character for the double cross.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 09:42:19 AM »

I love the HP movies, but the books are always better.  HBP is one of my favorites of the movies (that one and PoA), but I do think the end was rushed.  They did a great job with the Dumbledore stuff, but they should have left more of the battle with the Death Eaters at Hogwarts, instead of throwing in the random burning down of The Burrow at Christmas in the middle.  The Snape part was so quick that I was worried people who hadn't read the books might have missed the fact that Snape admitted to being the Half-Blood Prince - and that's the freaking title!  Other than that, I adored the movie, though.  My favorite part is the whole Felix Felices/Aragog's funeral sequence... Dan's acting there is hilarious!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 11:06:30 AM »

I'm disappointed they didn't do more with Dumbledore's funeral at the end too. Seeing that movie before I read the book, I did catch Snape saying he was the half blood prince. The only part that confused me in that movie was the burning down of the Weasley's  houseso it's kind of funny it wasn't even in the book lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 11:43:27 AM »

I don't know about prequels. If I was JK Rawling, I woudl be sooooooo Harry Pottered out by now. I'd like to see what else she could come up with. Is she writing anything new now that HP is done?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »

I don't think she'll write a prequel series.  She's said she won't.  She is supposedly going to write an encyclopedia of the wizarding world, with all her notes and info she came up with that didn't necessarily make it into the books, so that will be cool.

I know she's writing another book, something non-Potter-related.  No details on it yet though.  I'll be excited for it, whatever it is.  She's a brilliant writer!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »

I'm disappointed they didn't do more with Dumbledore's funeral at the end too.

True, but I did like the scene where they all lit their wands and held them up.  That made me tear up when I saw it in the theater.  But yeah, the actual funeral from the book would have been good, too.
~Julie

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »

I don't think she'll write a prequel series.  She's said she won't.  She is supposedly going to write an encyclopedia of the wizarding world, with all her notes and info she came up with that didn't necessarily make it into the books, so that will be cool.

I know she's writing another book, something non-Potter-related.  No details on it yet though.  I'll be excited for it, whatever it is.  She's a brilliant writer!
I heard she wouldn't write prequels too which is too bad cos I think they'd be really good - and it would build the series the way that all of Tolkien's prequels to LOTR did. That said, I don't blame her if she's HP'd out.
I'd like to see what else she can do, too. She was wonderful writing HP, but my worry is that she's going to be similar to the problem Stephenie Meyer has... I didn't like The Host AT ALL. It's like the characters of Twilight were what made her a good writer - like she only had the one story behind her and now that its over she's left kind of floundering to find the next one. I don't wanna see that happen to JKR but it does to a lot of the major series people. I think JKR is far and away more talented than Meyer, but it's still a concern for any writer, no matter their talent. Like C.S. Lewis, for example... his non-Narnia books (other than The Screwtape Letters) were all kind of "eh".
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »

really I loved the Host. I liked it a lot better than the Twilight books actually. And I'd like to see JK Rawling do something else because she is a really good writer and so creative, but for some reason I just couldn't get into Harry Potter.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 04:30:58 PM »

really I loved the Host. I liked it a lot better than the Twilight books actually. And I'd like to see JK Rawling do something else because she is a really good writer and so creative, but for some reason I just couldn't get into Harry Potter.
I liked it at first, but the further I got into it, the less I liked it.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »

Can we not taint this thread with Stephanie Myer talk? lol Sorry, I had to!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »

Can we not taint this thread with Stephanie Myer talk? lol Sorry, I had to!
:D
Aye aye, cap'n crunch!

Okay, so what was everyone's favorite HP spell that they'd like to be able to perform themselves?... LOL, I know that question is such a 12-year-old mentality question.... but... *looking at my water bottle across the room that I forgot to bring with me and is wishing I could do accio right about now*

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »

HP weekend on ABC Family started today btw... They're showing Behind the Scenes footage from HP&tDH and the movies over the weekend... Mugglenet has the first preview clip with new shots from the movie if anyones interested. :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 08:43:21 PM »

LOL I forgot they have to start Harry Potter "weekend" a day early now that they can show the 5th movie too.  *turns on Sorcerer's Stone*

Deathly Hallows looks sooo epic; I can't wait!!

Favorite spell... definitely the summoning spell would come in handy LOL.  I like the stunning spell, too, but mostly just because I like to yell "STUPEFY!"  (Not that I do this often in real life... OR DO I?)
~Julie

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 09:38:05 PM »

I bet you doo-ooo...

I like saying "expecto patronum" sometimes too LOL...it just sounds cool

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »

I yell STUPEFY all the time! lol It gets the kids to shut up! Works better than a bell!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7