Fic Talk > Felix Awards

Felix Awards Status Update

(1/9) > >>

julilly:
Hello all,

I know you're all patiently awaiting the results of the awards, and the red carpet/awards show.

I can promise you that it is coming, but there has been a delay.

Of our seven judges, three of them did not complete their duties and have left us hanging. Mare and I have worked it out so the slack will be picked up but I have to express our frustration:

Things like this will threaten the future of the Felix Awards. If we can't rely on people who volunteer to be judges then it's not going to work. We can't be doing it all ourselves every year (since this happened last year too, though not quite to this degree).

So thank you to those judges that came through for us, and thank you to everyone else for being so patient. The awards show is coming, I promise you, just give us a little time to catch up. :)

Thank you!

Rose:
Irresponsible people suck. If you agree to commit to something, you need to stick to it. If you know something may come up, don't do it. That's why I didn't, even though I was considering it.

Sorry you guys have to deal with that  :-[

mare:
Irresponsiblit y does suck and at this point there's no acceptable excuse for it.

RokofAges75:
Three out of seven is a horrible ratio!!  WTF?  Mare's right; there is no excuse for that!  The judges were given MONTHS to read and judge their categories, and you guys made sure to remind us and check in with us during that time, so forgetting isn't an excuse, and being busy isn't an excuse either.  If you're busy for three months straight, you have no business volunteering to judge.

Sucks that we have to wait in suspense for results, but thanks for the update!

cabybakes:
I was starting to wonder...and the reason why is very frustrating!   Hopefully, there will be more seasons of the awards, and hopefully the people who volunteer to judge will take their obligation more seriously. 

BOO on them!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version