Welcome > Rules and News

New Feature: AC Awards

(1/4) > >>

Chaos:
I'm testing out a new feature here at AC: The Member Awards.

In your "Author" info (at the left side of your posts) there are now 2 new items: One, a little icon that currently looks sorta like a chess pawn (likely to change because frankly it doesn't really look all that much like a chess pawn to me, but hey...). That is a quick link to see that person's "Awards". And the second is (in theory) your "Favorite" Award.

You all should have the "freebie" award, which is the Fluffy Bunny ("I Survived Fluffy Bunnyhood at AC")--if you're missing it, let me know (especially new users--I may not notice right away that you don't have it, so by all means PM me and let me know! Those of you who've been here a while, I *think* I got you all now, but I did accidentally miss a few the first time I tried to set it...)

The second award is the Binog! (or the "I won at Binog, aka Bingo" Award) award. Once again, I *think* I got everyone who has won a round, but if I missed you, please PM me and let me know.

You can change the order of your awards by going to your Profile and clicking the "Award" link. There you can set your "Favorite" Award--which will be the first one that is visible on your "Author" info. (Honestly not sure how it'll be once there's more than 2 available awards, whether you can set the order more than just choosing the first one or not...)

More awards will be coming soon.

If you have an idea for an Award you'd like to see, either leave a message here, or PM me.

mare:
How about one for having a featured story on AC?

Chaos:
Good one. And Featured Member, perhaps.

I also would like to see a "Completed Mare's Challenge of the Month" Award--you should probably pick out the icon for that one.  ;D

mare:
YAY!!  Can you use any kind of smiley for the icons?

Chaos:
Yes. For the Award Page, it can be as large as you want (though I'd ask that we try to keep 'em to "Avatar" size or smaller...lol), but the smaller one that shows in the Author page should be emoticon-sized (though can be one of the slightly oversized ones...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version