Fic Talk > Felix Awards

It's almost time!

(1/4) > >>

mare:
So shortly before an awards show there's always those people who predict the outcomes and talk about fashion and biggest overlooks etc...

I thought it would be fun to make a thread for that. LOL

So what does everyone plan on wearing?

Do you have a speech prepared?

Do you think you'll win? If not who are you predicting to win?

etc...

RokofAges75:
LOL we're like E!

I'm likely going to be wearing my favorite pair of pajamas.  Sorry, I don't remember the designer!  LOL

I do have a speech written just in case, but I'm not counting on winning.  There are so many great nominees in the categories I'm up for, it's hard to even predict who might win... it really could be anyone's game!

For Best Action/Adventure, I think it could be Filiklepto, who has such fresh, original stories, like "On the Rails."  Or it could be Honey and Sarah, who are so talented on their own, that a merging of their talents must be amazing!  Or Mare, who is a great suspense writer and whose stories have done so well at the Felix Awards in the past.

For Alternate Universe, I'm predicting a win by Julilly or Honey.  "Satin and Silk" is a lovely story, and although I haven't read "Searching for Mercy," (sorry Kelly), "If We Were a Movie" is a great, fun romance, and I'm sure SFM is great too.

Best Collab?  Well, we're up against Chaos - what can I say?  LOL  Again, there are a lot of talented writers in this category.  If Chaos and Spencer don't win, it could be Honey and Starbeamz... and then there's Jenna and Swenglish, whose series I adore.  Tough competition!

There's a few predictions for a few categories, but I'm not discounting the overlooks either... like I said, it could be anyone's game!  I would love to see some new faces take home awards on Saturday! :)

mare:
Yes, we are like E! only with less orange and annoying type people! lol and yes before anyone asks, I also know that one of the red carpet questions is about what you all are wearing, but since some of you didn't fill that out you can tell us now. :)

Sapphire:
I'm really excited. I too will be in my pajamas. LOL. I have a speech but I don't predict I will win. There are so many amazing writers nominated. I predict Erica and Lenni will win eveything they are nominated for. They are very deserving as is everyone else who was nomimnated.

I'm looking forward to this and seeing if my predictions are right.

Rose:
I will be wearing my "What Would Nick Do?" T-shirt and a pair of boxers, which are my pjs lol. The shirt was designed by someone in the BSB camp, lol.

I have speeches prepared, I actually tried to have a lot of fun with it. But to be honest, given my competition, I don't see me winning. Because my stuff is up against some immensely talented authors!

My main prediction is Best Collab, I'd love to take that one again, but I think it's gonna go to Kelly and Sarah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version