Fic Talk > Writer's Circle

New Year, so lets see what we accomplished Last Year!

<< < (2/9) > >>

ForeverFrick:
 1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2008 2009?
I guess finishing One In A Million, which I started in 2008, and writing most of The Frack and Frick Switch-- I only have another chapter or two to go.

2.  What do you feel was the best piece of writing you did in 2009? 
I'm proud of The Frack and Frick Switch.  I'd written romantic comedies before, but never a story that was mostly comedic, and I got some great feedback on it.

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 20082009).
Hmm... not sure.  I love different stories for different reasons.  Even stories I wrote years ago that aren't up to par with what I currently consider well-written are special to me.  Every story is different. 

4.  Give us a link to one of your own stories that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed, and tell us why you think it's worthy of being read.
This story is called As Long As You Love Me.  I started writing it in a notebook one summer years ago when I worked at the pool and ended up typing what I had and finishing the story. I changed the title from You Wrote the Book On Love.  Its one of the romantic comedies I was talking about having written.  It's just a classic boy meets girl story that you read when you want to be in a good mood and have a happy ending.  :)

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9444

5.  Switching over to praise for other writers, give us a link to someone ELSE'S story that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  Again, tell us why you think this story is worthy of being read.
I just looked for it, and I don't see the story or the author anywhere... ?  Hmm... I can't think of the title off of the top of my head, but it was a historical romance.  I read the first few chapters and thought it was creative. I'll post it if I find it.

6.  What was the best story you discovered in 20082009?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9934
Ten Things by Carter-Orange.  Its unfinished, and I haven't read all of what has been posted, but it seems creative, and I'm liking the voice of the story.

7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.
Hmm... there have been several, but I haven't really been on that much.  I barely found time to update the story I was working on, so I haven't read as much as I would have liked.  I've been trying to make time and get on here more. 

8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions for 20092010?  If so, what are they?
I'm planning on finishing The Frack and Frick Switch this month, and then there are two other stories that are in progress.  I've had to put them on the back-burner, but I'd like to focus more on them this year. 

Add on Question: Has anything changed since the last time you answered this? Why?
This is the first one I've filled out, so... No.  :)

ForeverFrick:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 17, 2010, 01:48:42 AM ---
6.  What was the best story you discovered in 20082009?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.
"Brian Potter and the Malevolent Musician": http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9731
I love it because it combines my two favorite fandoms, Bsb and Harry Potter, in a way that is funny and clever.  I wish it would get updated more often!

--- End quote ---

Thank you!  You're right-- it hasn't been updated in forever!  That is actually one of the stories I was talking about focusing on this year.  Hopefully there will be plenty of chapters posted in 2010, and hopefully they will be worth reading.  LoL

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: ForeverFrick on January 17, 2010, 06:55:39 PM ---Thank you!  You're right-- it hasn't been updated in forever!  That is actually one of the stories I was talking about focusing on this year.  Hopefully there will be plenty of chapters posted in 2010, and hopefully they will be worth reading.  LoL

--- End quote ---

You're welcome!  Don't worry about it, take your time...  But yes, I do hope you update more in 2010 - I'm sure they'll be worth reading when you do! :)

mare:
Well that was depressing to go back and read my old survey because since then, I don't think i've written or read much of anything unless I have had to for the awards. I am happy for all of you who have your writing mojo and for all the newer writers who are in the same happy place I used to be a few years back. Maybe one day i'll come out of hibernation and write something. I guess the only thing that's true is the whole I quit writing thing. lol how sad is that? :(

Rose:

--- Quote from: mare on January 17, 2010, 10:22:39 PM ---Well that was depressing to go back and read my old survey because since then, I don't think i've written or read much of anything unless I have had to for the awards. I am happy for all of you who have your writing mojo and for all the newer writers who are in the same happy place I used to be a few years back. Maybe one day i'll come out of hibernation and write something. I guess the only thing that's true is the whole I quit writing thing. lol how sad is that? :(

--- End quote ---

Awwww *hugs Mare* I need to give you another idea LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version