Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Suggestions for future featured stories

<< < (3/34) > >>

mare:
Good, i'm glad you guys are now posting. We need more writers posting on this board :)

RokofAges75:
Yep, it's nice to have both new members and old members coming out of the woodwork!  Everyone gets along okay here, very little drama, unlike some boards, so it's a great place to post!

As for this thread... I'm having a tough time thinking of authors/stories who haven't already been featured.  I think all of my favorite authors and most of my favorite stories on AC have been featured already.  The ones that haven't are either old and their authors aren't around, or they're newer and not very far along and don't get updated often, so they wouldn't be the best choices.  So... go with the people who read more than I do; they know what to recommend!

honey:
that's my problem too Julie. (Well not quite, I just plain haven't read anything in the last year.) I wouldn't have any idea what to recommend either.

mare:
You can recommend older stuff and people who also have been featured as well. I'm running out of ideas and since I haven't been reading fics anymore I have no clue what's out there myself.

RokofAges75:
Okay, I have to say - I went to AC a few minutes ago and noticed another one of evergreenwrite r83's stories in the recent updates, which reminded me I had been meaning to check out "With the Band," since everyone's raving about it here.  I just did, and... WOW!  Just in the first few paragraphs, I totally got why people are raving (and why it has so many reviews already - holy crap!).  From the synopsis, it sounds like just another "Mary Sue gets to tour with the Backstreet Boys and, whaddya know, she falls in love with one of them (most likely Nick)" story, but you start to read it, and the writing is awesome.  It's an excellent example of first person done well; it draws you right in.  The main character is real and relatable and not Mary Sue obnoxious at all.  I can't remember the last time I read the beginning of a new fanfic and thought, "Wow!  I think this is gonna be a really great story!"  I'm excited; I hope it is!  I'm pretty picky about romances, but it just goes to show you, great writing is great writing - an overdone plot can still be a good story when it's written well.

So basically, even though I've only read the first chapter, I will add my vote to featuring this story LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version