Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems with Posting on AC  (Read 43495 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Problems with Posting on AC
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »

More problems with favourites... I'm not sure if you guys turned them off because of the problems, but when I try to go to the "Manage Favourites" section, I get a screen that says "You are not authorized to access that function." Also, I was curious so I went to my statistics and I can no longer see how many favourites my stories have.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2010, 04:58:42 PM »

Another strange thing to note...the updated date didn't change either.  This whole thing is just bizarre!

No, it didn't.  I don't think it has been for anyone this has happened to.  It's basically acting like the story wasn't updated at all, except for that the new chapters are there.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »

More problems with favourites... I'm not sure if you guys turned them off because of the problems, but when I try to go to the "Manage Favourites" section, I get a screen that says "You are not authorized to access that function." Also, I was curious so I went to my statistics and I can no longer see how many favourites my stories have.

Ooh, mine is doing that too.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »

According to Sel, it said my story wasn't updated since the middle of September but i've been updating every single Saturday since i started posting. As far as the favorites, i'm pretty sure we didn't turn that function off.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »

okay for some reason it was turned off so I turned it back on. It should work now. Maybe? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2010, 05:33:23 PM »

I guess that also answers the question as to whether or not things wil show up as most recent without the favorites feature because Julie, not sure how long that has been off but if you still weren't able to post, then that can't be the main problem. :( balls!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »

I went poking around and saw a button about most recent updates and pushed it lol i'm sure it wasn't that simple but let me know if it did anything for anyone who had trouble updating before. LOL

If it's worse i'll go back and unclick it. If it's fixed then I shall have ten heart attacks lmao

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »

I wonder if Julilly turned it off this afternoon.  The favorites were there earlier in the day.  I'm not sure if they were there when I updated or not.
~Julie

summer

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »

I have more than 20 who have favorited (not a real word I know lol) Once In A Blue Moon and so far the updates for it have shown on most recent. *knocks on wood* My Shades of Gray has like 18 and that's the one that was giving me problems not showing as being updated until I deleted chps and reposted them and took the MCI thing off. Technology can be such a pain sometimes lol. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2010, 06:13:53 PM »

I wonder if Julilly turned it off this afternoon.  The favorites were there earlier in the day.  I'm not sure if they were there when I updated or not.

I'm pretty sure she didn't since we both thought it was a bad idea. I'm beginning to think the site has a mind of its own lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2010, 06:14:27 PM »

I have more than 20 who have favorited (not a real word I know lol) Once In A Blue Moon and so far the updates for it have shown on most recent. *knocks on wood* My Shades of Gray has like 18 and that's the one that was giving me problems not showing as being updated until I deleted chps and reposted them and took the MCI thing off. Technology can be such a pain sometimes lol. 

hrmm lol perplexing.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »

I just saw Chaos posted a new news item that said he was disabling it. Maybe i'll go disable it again to see if it works.

Ash, would be nice to know these things before they happen. lol
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:32:47 PM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2010, 06:18:18 PM »

Okay I disabled it again. Now we'll see if that is one of the main problems. Although i'm beginning to think not lol Stupid site!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »

Yeah, this is really weird LOL.  Your stories both have a lot of reviews too, Summer, so I'd think if it had to do with favorites and reviews, yours would both be messed up too.  There must be another factor involved in it.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »

Do any of you use AOL? That's how I post everything and I know sometimes AOL can be a pain in the ass.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14