Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Hunger Games series  (Read 5351 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: The Hunger Games series
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 01:04:34 AM »

It's always a worry when a good book is turned into a movie.  I hope they do a good job of it!  I think the Rue part will be sad too, but won't mind the others being killed off.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 06:01:50 AM »

I just hope it's not as graphic as the book. I'm not sure I want to see some of what's in the book lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 06:31:29 AM »

Oh yeah, some of the book would make very graphic viewing, especially the parts with the Mutts.  I can't imagine the film being as graphic as that though.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 07:43:53 AM »

I'll be curious to see how they pull the mutts of. There are going to be a lot of special effects.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »

I hope the guy playing Peeta can pull it off right, oh and of course Katniss needs to do well to.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 03:41:48 AM »

Yeah, I think there'll have to be some really good special effects to get the mutts right.  I've looked on IMDB to see who will be playing the characters, but I don't know the actors apart from Woody Harrelson who is playing Haymitch.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 12:09:07 PM »

Yeah, I have never heard of the girl playing Katniss before. I think it'll be better with less known people.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »

That's what I think too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 02:47:30 PM »

I still think the DaVinci Code would have been a better movie if it was full of unknown people. The whole time I just kept saying WTF? Tom Hanks is NOT that guy! He's Tom Hanks! lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »

I know it's an old film, but I still think Forrest Gump when I think of Tom Hanks, lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »

Me too! lmao

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »

Just popping in to say I finally read "The Hunger Games."  I liked it.  I wasn't as addicted to it as others seem to be, but I thought it was a good book, especially the second half.  The whole premise and the society the author created is really interesting.  I'm looking forward to the movie coming out next year now.  I'll have to read the next two at some point, or maybe I should only read the second one? LOL I've heard from a number of people that the third is a letdown.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 08:25:28 PM »

I hated the third one but I think it's still worth a read. It was well written. I just was disappointed with the direction. You could tell she was writing the third one just because... lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »

I had to read the third book to get to the end of the story, I hate not knowing the end.  But I think she could've end it in two books.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 01:07:05 PM »

I thought the third book was decent but the last few "wrap up" chapters I think happened too fast... just seemed... too fast.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5