Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Hunger Games series  (Read 5346 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The Hunger Games series
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »

So I finished Mockingjay earlier this week, and I agree with what everyone else has said about it here.  There was just too much packed in to that book, and it moved too quickly.  I liked the idea of Katniss being the Mockingjay, the symbol who unknowingly incited a revolution, but it's hard to do a whole revolution justice in one medium-sized novel, and I think it fell short.  The ending was a disappointment, too.  I liked the twist of Katniss killing Coin instead of Snow, but instead of exploring the consequences of that decision, it just skipped ahead and wrapped the whole thing up with a summary.  Lame.  I LOVED Catching Fire, on the other hand, and I'm now rereading The Hunger Games.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »

The first two books were awesome! I kind of wish she had just left it there. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 01:57:24 PM »

Yeah, I wish she'd left it there too. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »

Like I said earlier on, you can tell she was offered a huge three book deal and by the third she was like uh... lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 02:01:50 PM »

I didn't find the third book as believable as the other two.  I didn't lose myself in it as I did with them.  I did enjoy it, but didn't love it.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2012, 02:11:34 PM »

Yeah, it was just too much... teenagers fighting a whole war, as opposed to just The Hunger Games.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2012, 07:20:04 PM »

So I was just thinking... I'm sure Hunger Games fanfic is huge right now on ff.net, but I'm surprised no one here has done a BSB/Hunger Games crossover yet.  Like an AU set in the Panem universe, with the Boys being chosen as tributes to compete in one of the Hunger Games before Katniss's.  I'm not usually a fan of crossovers, but I think that would make a fun story.
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »

Oh I thought about it... believe me.  I just hadn't worked anything out and then it got put on the back burner.   Steph and I are using aspects of it for our story... very few aspects though.  We had thought of it when we started to plan but I don't think we've used much.  *shrugs* LOL
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »

So I was just thinking... I'm sure Hunger Games fanfic is huge right now on ff.net, but I'm surprised no one here has done a BSB/Hunger Games crossover yet.  Like an AU set in the Panem universe, with the Boys being chosen as tributes to compete in one of the Hunger Games before Katniss's.  I'm not usually a fan of crossovers, but I think that would make a fun story.

You should do it! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2012, 10:44:56 PM »

I don't know if I'm enough of a super fan to trust myself to do that universe justice on my own, but I might give it a shot if anyone wanted to collab.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »

I've thought about it too, and like Lore says, our collab is taking a couple of details like an evil dictator and it's set in a post-apocalyptic USA.  But it's nothing like The Hunger Games.

I've not even thought of reading fics over on FF.net...hmm, maybe I should!

I would definitely love to read/write another crossover as the only one I've done was my BSB/Supernatural one.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2012, 10:54:07 AM »

I looked last night; there are like 14,000 Hunger Games fics there LOL.  I'm not interested in reading actual Hunger Games fics, but reading/writing about the Boys in the Hunger Games would be fun.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »

I don't really stray away from BSB fics either, I've read a few Twilight and Take That and that's it.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2012, 12:18:03 PM »

I don't really read many other fanfics but BSB fics either, though for a long time I read quite a bit on ff.net ... mostly video game fanfics. LOL.    Anyway, that is off topic so I won't discuss that any more on here.

Julie I'd be interested to see what you came up with if you did that as a crossover. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »

I don't know if I'm enough of a super fan to trust myself to do that universe justice on my own, but I might give it a shot if anyone wanted to collab.

*kidnaps you and runs* lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5