Fic Talk > Felix Awards 2010

Novel (14)

(1/4) > >>

FelixAwards:
A long prose narrative set out in writing. The definition of the genre is difficult. The construction of the narrative, the plot, the way reality is created in the works of fiction, the fascination of the character study, and the use of language are usually discussed to show a novel's artistic merits. On Absolute Chaos we define a novel as being any story longer than 20 chapters, and not part of a series.

It's one of the broadest categories with nominees spanning multiple genres. They deal with homelessness, illness, a piece of American history, witnesses to a crime, a pair brought together by death, and a pair torn apart by their own insecurities.

The nominees for Best Novel are:

As It Turns Out by Pengi
 Curtain Call by RokofAges75
 It Stays With You by Mare
 Casual by cabybakes
 Joyful Heart by Sapphire

And the winner is...

Winner: Casual by cabybakes

Runner Up: Curtain Call by RokofAges75

evergreenwriter83:
Congratulation s! :)

mare:
Congrats Darby!! Well deserved win and I hope it inspires you to continue writing on it!

RokofAges75:
Congratulation s, Darby!!!  And thanks to those who voted for Curtain Call; it's cool to get runner-up for such a relatively new story!

luna610:
Congratulation s! I've never actually read this one...now I have to!  :) And congrats to Julie for runner-up...you know I LOVE that story!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version