Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick  (Read 20826 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »

It appears you have different opinion of what unusual means than me. Like I said, to me it means not real.  Unusual does not equal Unique in what my reply to my questions were.  Like I JUST said.  There are plenty of UNIQUE cancer/sickness stories but they are not what I meant by unusual.

That is all I really want to talk about on this difference of what I meant by the word unusual and how it was interpreted. 

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 09:37:08 PM »

Okay, fine. It came off badly, and the reason why I know this, is because I wasn't the sole person who read it that way. I'm just the one who questioned it. My post was a reply to both yours and Karin's, since you guys decided to double team me. So that's why my post discussed more than what you wanted to talk about. 

As I said, I wasn't attacking. And if I was, I'd appreciate being shown how I did so. Just as you say I misread you, you misread me. So that said, the thread should move on. :)

Correct?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 09:41:23 PM »

Yes move on.  

I am sorry if I offended anyone by my word usage. If anyone thinks I meant something that offends, ask me to clarify, chances are I chose the wrong word.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:45:13 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 09:42:59 PM »

Let's keep this thread about the story it was meant for. No attacks were made, no this is better than that. I think just a lot of  misunderstandi ngs and seems to me things were cleared up so...moving right along. :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »

Let's keep this thread about the story it was meant for. No attacks were made, no this is better than that. I think just a lot of  misunderstandi ngs and seems to me things were cleared up so...moving right along. :)

Thanks Mare!  ;D

And back on topic...Congra ts on being featured Lore  :bsb:
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »

Thanks Rose! I'm sure I've expressed several hundreds of times how much I love this story and I'm happy to share it. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 01:15:23 AM »

Congratulation s on being a featured author, Lore :) you know I am loving this story. What made you decide to make Nick a "bad guy" and how did you come up with the concept of The Library because I thought that was interesting.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »

Thanks Tracy, I am glad you are enjoying.

First I love that you used quotes around "bad guy" :-D  there is only one aspect of him that is really a making him a true jerk!  In my original idea for the story it was going to be two time travelers, one "good" one "bad" but it was based on perspective.  Nick was always the one wanting to set history right, to right the wrongs.  Since the story was always from the POV of the "good" traveler it sheds a light on Nick as the "bad guy".  If I wrote it from the POV of one of the volunteers that works with Nick, Julie and Kevinw would probably appear to be the bad guys. 

If that was more then what you wanted, lol. Sorry. I chose Nick because I like him as a bad boy? LOL.

The idea of The Library came about because I needed one constant unchanging thing.  Something that would have a record of how history was prior to anyone rescuing, before anyone went back and changed anything.  With all of the jumping the question comes up of how do you know that, for instance, that someone changed the outcome of the Revolutionary War?  There needed to be something that would hold a record of history prior.  One thing about The Library that isn't explained (currently) is how, if the books inside are unchanged, how do they find books and information on how it's been changed. 

Also, another as of yet unexplained thing, is how the Librarian is connected to The Library. 

Answers will eventually come for those. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 10:39:40 AM »

I know you tend to write fantasy, what in your opinion makes that so appealing?

I think I need another stab at answering this question better.

I watch a lot of sci-fi and read a lot of fantasy so I think my brain just automatically tries to find some fantasy,  sci-fi, supernatural or just plain weird aspect to add to each of my stories.   I do have a few stories that do not have something "weird" or not "weird" enough and my muse seems to struggle to continue the storyline. 

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »

I have a question and you can answer it WITHOUT explanation YET.  ;) Because explaining why might give something away that we shouldn't read yet,

If you are a volunteer whose team would you be? Nick's or Kevin's?  ;D

A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »

Oh I can answer that one without a problem.  I'd be on Kevin's.  Not just because he's my fave or anything either.  

As tempting as it would be to be able to change something in the past, to right a wrong.  How do we learn if those mistakes or atrocities aren't in our past?  And who's to say something worse wouldn't happen if something was changed? 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:02:22 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »

If this were being made into a movie, who would you pick to play the characters?  It can't be any of the boys though!

Okay I keep thinking about this every now and then but can't think of a good cast, so I'm going to turn the question around to my readers.  Who would YOU cast if this was a movie, not using the boys?  

Perhaps this will help me to decide and you all might have some actors I wouldn't have thought of using but would work.  :-D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:57:37 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2011, 01:27:45 PM »

Hmm let me see!

For Kevin I'd pick Richard Armitage as he's also tall, dark and handsome and has played a character who keeps you guessing whether he was good or evil.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 01:32:46 PM »

You all know I'd cast Mark Wahlberg but you probably won't watch the movie so as much as I love that guy, he's out for this movie.  :D

A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »

I'd watch him!  Seen lots of his films.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7