Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Reading your own stories...challenge

(1/8) > >>

mare:
I thought this would be a nice challenge for some of us who do not feel comfortable reading our own work.

A challenge to you is to read one or more of your older stories and then fill out the survey. Old can be really really old or even as old as your newest one. Just anytime you read one of your own stories, take a minute and fill this form out!

There is no deadline for this, in fact we'll just keep it open forever. LOL Hopefully some of you will do this. I plan on filling one out for each of my stories I read. I challenged myself to read my stuff this year! lol

Reading self evaluation form

Name of story:
Year you wrote it:
Summary: (You can use the one from the site or make a new one up now)
Main Character:

1) Did you feel your characters were strong?

2) Was your plot consistent?

3) Did you have many filler chapters or sub plots?

4) What is something you are proud of concerning this story?

5) Did you find any major problems or inconsistencie s?

6) Something interesting that you took away from this one?

7) On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this one?

8) Did your opnion change from you wrote it originally?

9) Would you recommend this one to anyone?

Final thoughts and comments about it: (If you think everyoe else should give it a chance or not etc...)

mare:
There ya go! I went first lol

Name of story: A Million Little Things
Year you wrote it: 2008

1) Did you feel your characters were strong?

Yes. I only had four of the guys in this one. Howie was absent because it revolved around his father dying and the small break they took.

2) Was your plot consistent?

Pretty much

3) Did you have many filler chapters or sub plots?

None, which I was kind of happy about!

4) What is something you are proud of concerning this story?

I really liked the use of friendship quotes at the beginning of every chapter. I'm not big on doing stuff like that and I didn't remember actually doing it for this one. LOL But they fit really well.

5) Did you find any major problems or inconsistencie s?
No, not really.

6) Something interesting that you took away from this one?

I tend to copy myself a lot more than I realized. I felt like a lot of what I was reading I had read somewhere else.

7) On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this one?

I would say an 8 lol

8) Did your opinion change from you wrote it originally?

I had no opinion of this one because I couldn't remember it at all lmao

9) Would you recommend this one to anyone?

Yes, I would actually! I thought it was a pretty good story. I know I won't be saying that too often in here lmao

Final thoughts and comments about it: (If you think everyone else should give it a chance or not etc...)

I'm just glad I finally forced myself to read this!

Carter-Orange:
Name of story: Forces of Nature
Year you wrote it: 2008

1) Did you feel your characters were strong? No, not really.

2) Was your plot consistent? What plot, lol.  It was basically girl meets boy in a random place, they fall in love and live happily ever after *cringe*

3) Did you have many filler chapters or sub plots? No, it was mainly sex all the way *cringe*

4) What is something you are proud of concerning this story? The presentation looks alright to me and I didn't find any typos.

5) Did you find any major problems or inconsistencie s? It was rushed, very little plot and didn't have much detail in it.

6) Something interesting that you took away from this one? Maybe romance isn't the genre for me, lol.  Don't self-insert. 

7) On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this one? Two.  I don't know if that's being too harsh or too generous.  I'm still cringing a bit after reading it.

8) Did your opnion change from you wrote it originally? Yes, it's worse than I remember!

9) Would you recommend this one to anyone? No.  In fact I'm embarrassed to have it still posted, lol.

Final thoughts and comments about it: (If you think everyoe else should give it a chance or not etc...)
Don't waste your time reading it, you'll only regret it!

Carter-Orange:
I loved A Million Little Things, it was the first of your stories which I read :)

mare:
^ aww thanks, Steph :)

I had to change my answer to #6 because I was getting this one confused with Cough Medicine which i'm reading now. There were no villians in A Million Little Things lmao

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version