Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 7  (Read 49307 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Question of the day part 7
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »

What story currently has you hooked?

At the moment I'm completely hooked on Forever Like This by Steph.  It's a romance with lots of drama going on and I just love the way it's written and the way the story is going.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »

Aw thanks!! :) I'm totally hooked on Love Will Keep You Up All Night by Hannah. I love the idea of the heart transplant and I really love the way Hannah adds in small details to make the story seem real. I'm enjoying the friendship between Lauren and Rochelle in that one a lot, actually, and I don't normally enjoy either of them in fics so I think she's done a great job with keeping their personalities true to life while still making them likeable.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »

I'm hooked on Forever Like This as well. It's a really cute and fun story, I like the characters and situations they've been in so far. Plus I liked the prequel to it from what I read, so I can't wait to see where Steph takes this one :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »

I'm not really hooked on anything at the moment, fanfic-wise.  There are a few new-ish stories that seem interesting, but I'm waiting until they're further along or finished to get into them.  Unfortunately, the stories that seem to hook me the most also have the flakiest authors who don't seem to update very often or finish things before starting new projects.  I haven't had much time to read lately, so it's not hard to wait and see.

That said, I am looking forward to updates on Running Up That Hill, Borrowed Time, Here We Stand, and Divine Intervention, as well as a few older stories that I doubt will ever get finished.  And there's a story or two I want to catch up on reading as well.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2012, 02:27:17 PM »

Yeah there hasn't been much going on on Most Recent lately. September is always a slow month because everybody is back in school.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that.  Back to school is definitely the reason I haven't been writing or reading much.  I guess everyone else is in the same boat or busy with other things.  Silly life getting in the way of our fanfic enjoyment! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »

Yeah I've been updating almost every day, or at least once a week when I can. Only one of the stories I read has been updating almost daily as well.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »

Currently I'm hooked on Forever Like This and Love Will Keep you Up All Night.  I love how both authors add little details to the stories that make them feel real.  Hannah's especially.  Her story reads real enuogh that I've felt sad for Rochelle when I see her tweet.  *shakes head*  silly me! And though I don't look for updates from Nick in regards to his newest artist on his label, Britney (it is in the future after all) I find myself looking for Niall to tweet about her. LOL  I feel like I'm a silly reader sometimes.  It's FICTION Lore! LOL

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2012, 01:09:02 PM »

Awww thanks Lore! I'm glad you're liking it so much. I sometimes find I have to consciously separate what's happened in fic with what's happened in real life too, haha.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

Steph you deserve it. That's a really good story!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2012, 02:23:13 PM »

Thank you :)
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2012, 07:41:39 AM »

Nobody's posted in a few days so I thought I'd drop in.
What is your favorite genre to read? Has it changed since you joined AC, or has it always been the same one?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2012, 08:55:28 AM »

I've always enjoyed Nick romance and anything with angst and the boys interacting with each other. Stuff like that has always been my favourite regardless of fandom and in movies/books/TV shows too. (Well I guess not the "Nick" part, but still lol)
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »

Same here, I love angst and drama. I will read romance if it is a subplot. When I first joined AC I started out as a romance writer, then as my reading tastes changed so did my writing. I will read mostly comedy, angst and science fiction.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2012, 09:07:06 AM »

I'm pretty sure I will always be a romance writer, through and through LOL I find it very hard to write a story that doesn't have any romance in it unless it's a one shot.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19