Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

FS for October: Battle Born by Mammogirl

(1/5) > >>

mare:
Happy October everyone!

Our latest featured author is Cinzia aka usako aka mammogirl and the story she chose is Battle Born.

Here is a link: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11136&warning=4

Cinzia is great with description and detail and of course, angst! So go check it out!

If you have any questions for her, feel free to ask in here and I'm sure she'll be more than willing to answer them for you!

Happy Reading!

:)

mare:
Here are your first set of questions!

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

RokofAges75:
Congrats, Cinzia!  I really enjoyed the beginning of this story and then fell behind - I need to catch up when I have more time to sit around and read some fanfic!

usako:
First of all, thanks for the featured. It's the first time that it happens.  :)

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

It's my very first long story that hasn't slash in it. I don't count my very first story years ago because I'm rewriting it as a slash so, yeah, this is my first long that features Brian and Nick as only friends.
Second, the title of the story comes from the song "Battle Born" by The Killers. I was listening to it as I start plotting this story and the first verse of the song is my Brian: "You lost faith in the human spirit
You walk around like a ghost."

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
The story isn't finished. I don't have willpower, when I write a chapter I can't wait to post it.  :D I can only talk about the chapters and they take me one week to write them because I first write them in Italian and then I translate them.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Disclaimer: I'm bad with summeries! lol
They've always believed that something like that could happen only in movies or tv-shows. Or to someone else. But it happened to them and there was no apparent reason for that kind of violence. Getting up on their feet isn't going to be a funny and easy ride, especially because this time is Brian the one who seemed to have lost his faith and his belief. But what will happen when the bad guys decided that the game isn't really over?

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?
The first inspiration came after reading a story in the Sherlock fandom that had a similar scene, so I thought: what would happen if I take Brian and Nick and I put them in that situation? The image was the one with Brian standing in front of Nick and not letting anyone come closer to him, ready to fight in anyway. From that, it came another inspiration, born from the fact that there aren't stories where Brian is the one tortured/hurt and broken. 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

It might not be a surprise. Brian. Not only because is my favorite period but because I always tend to put in him in hard and difficult situations and then let him try (lol) to get up on his feet. And it might be a surprise the fact that I have to add as favorite Nick. I know that for now he's only unconscious but I have some plans for him and I'm kinda proud of him.

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
I don't have really a least one. I even love my bad guys. I guess I will go with Howie for the simple fact that I already know he is going to be the less featured. I love you Howie, but I don't know how to write you!

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Though Brian and Nick are the main characters, all of the guys will be featured. More or less (sorry Howie). It's kinda funny the fact that I'm not really a Kevin's lover but I always end up writing a lot with him because I love his relationship with Brian, something that I find interesting that isn't a lot featured in other stories.

usako:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on October 01, 2013, 06:12:27 AM ---Congrats, Cinzia!  I really enjoyed the beginning of this story and then fell behind - I need to catch up when I have more time to sit around and read some fanfic!

--- End quote ---

Thank you Julie!

And don't worry. I'm really a slow writer! lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version