Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Reading challenge suggestion box and new rules for next year!

<< < (2/17) > >>

FrickingKaos:
I think this was already a rule but people should leave feedback that is more than "I love it"  or  "great job"   

I know some people might be shy but I think part of the challenge is leaving feedback just as much as it is to read something you normal wouldn't, at least for me it is anyway.

RokofAges75:
I agree!

I think all of the suggested rules make a lot of sense.

mare:

--- Quote from: DelphinaCarter on July 23, 2014, 05:40:13 PM ---I think this was already a rule but people should leave feedback that is more than "I love it"  or  "great job"   

I know some people might be shy but I think part of the challenge is leaving feedback just as much as it is to read something you normal wouldn't, at least for me it is anyway.

--- End quote ---

Yup, that was one of the rules & always has been. No one gets anything out of the one or two word reviews. Outside of this challenge it's fine & a sign of saying "hello, I'm here & reading!" But for the actual challenge there should be more going on besides that. One chapter okay but not more. It once again comes down to the reciprocal experience which is the most important part of this thing since most of us do this to use as a motivator to write.

FrickingKaos:
I hope I dont come off as jerkish but I agree with Mare.  Reviews like that are nice  but I enjoy feedback where the reason gives a little detail rather than good job or I didnt like it. I am nosey and want to know why I did a good job or even a bad job too lol if that makes any sense.

mare:

--- Quote from: DelphinaCarter on July 24, 2014, 05:20:31 AM ---I hope I dont come off as jerkish but I agree with Mare.  Reviews like that are nice  but I enjoy feedback where the reason gives a little detail rather than good job or I didnt like it. I am nosey and want to know why I did a good job or even a bad job too lol if that makes any sense.

--- End quote ---

I'm always tempted to ask "what did you love about it?" Or "what was so great?"

I do that to my students all the time when they tell me they like a song. "What is it about the song you like?"

They hate when I do that. I never accept the "I don't know...I just do" answer lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version