Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

FS for February Story # 97: Here We Stand by Rose

<< < (3/6) > >>

mare:
After writing this and seeing the documentary, would there be anything that you'd change? Or do you feel like you pretty much hit the nail on the head?

Rose:

After writing this and seeing the documentary, would there be anything that you'd change? Or do you feel like you pretty much hit the nail on the head?

Honestly? I definitely would've redone Brian's vocal issues. I went with nodules which can be fixed if you do surgery cause at the time we were clueless as to what was wrong with his voice. And I would've had the issue be an even bigger problem in the story. In some ways I did hit the nail on the head though, I think. Like the idea of all them pretending there wasn't a problem till they were five again, which is essentially what was happening. Brian being in denial about it. Nick pushing the issue when Brian didn't wanna talk about it but then after things calmed some, letting Brian know he's here for him no matter what.

I wish I'd touched on Howie being in the background more. But I made up for that in my doco inspired one-shot.

But I love my ending with their first televised performance with all five again. I love just, Kevin in this story LOL.

mare:
Kevin is pretty awesome. This documentary really made me remember that.

Rose:
Kevin's return has made me realize just how awesome he is.

RokofAges75:
Kevin is way more awesome than I ever realized before he left.  I think he has definitely mellowed over the years, which I appreciate, but I also appreciate the way that he still seems to take charge and help keep them organized.  There will always be Backstreet Time and the need to "call Ground Ctrl 'cause something's wrong," but I think things have run more smoothly since he's been back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version