Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

FS for May: Story #100 - Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost by Mare

<< < (5/8) > >>

mare:

--- Quote from: julilly on May 14, 2015, 12:32:44 PM ---Were you at all surprised by the reader response to this story?
Is there any behind the scenes info you think fans of the story would find interesting?

--- End quote ---

I was pleasantly surprised by all the new readers I gained for this one.

There really isn't anything interesting about the writing of this one except, I actually enjoyed writing it. I mean really enjoyed it and spent a long time trying to find the perfect poems to go with each chapter.

julilly:
What's your favourite scene and why?

mare:
I have a few favorites from this story, but I think my absolute favorite scene was a Howie chapter called Shattered. It was the chapter where Howie is recaptured by Tim and reunited with Nick. Everything about that chapter I loved lol from Howie looking at himself in the mirror and not recognizing himself, to the scene with him explaining to Nick how he didn't get help and how sorry he was. Up to finally coming to the realization that the only was he was going to save himself & Nick would be to kill Tim and how scared and unwilling he was to do that. Writing such a vulnerable Howie was pretty awesome.

Carter-Orange:
Tim is a great original character, he's just so twisted and completely nuts! I loved how he kept on about his birthday, like they cared lol. 

mare:
Aww thanks! I modeled the birthday thing after some fully grown adults I know that are completely transfixed on their birthdays! lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version