Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured story thread part 2!

<< < (6/13) > >>

emilo:
This was great story!  Ellebeth is a super talented writer.

Ellebeth:
AWWWW, thank you, emilo!

Now that my shock has worn off, I should say, feel free to ask me questions.

RokofAges75:
Congrats, Ellebeth!

I saw in your author's note that this is actually a rewritten version of your first fanfic.  What has kept you coming back to fanfic and this story in particular over the years?

Ellebeth:
Great question! For starters, I am not, in fact, all that creative ;) and have often considered reworking my first actual published fic (a story called One Week; Google KTBSPA Fiction at your own risk). For another thing, I spent most of my life wanting to be a journalist. The protagonist in my very first fic worked for MTV News and essentially spent a whole tour embedded with BSB around 1999ish. (She also happened to be Brian's, we'll say, 80% platonic best friend from high school, because plausibility was not important to me, LOL.) I never published that story, but I never really forgot it, either. That concept of journalist as protagonist, thrust into the BSB's universe by her work, just felt like a natural place to start when I came back to fanfic as a journalism graduate student seven years ago. Also, coincidentally, I'd just read a spectacular book called The Boys on the Bus about covering presidential campaigns on the road. (I'm sure the dude who wrote that would have a stroke if he knew the title had been borrowed for a piece of fanfiction...)

Does that make sense?

RokofAges75:
That makes sense!  It's neat that you made your first fanfic protagonist a journalist, then became a journalist yourself and were able to use that experience to rewrite it.  The story behind the title is funny.  It's a great title - and, personally, I think it fits better for a BSB fanfic than a book about journalists covering campaigns. LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version