Fic Talk > Writer's Circle

WTF, Google Docs?

<< < (3/12) > >>

RokofAges75:
Get it together, Google!  Your reading comprehension skills suck!

nicksgal:
LOL! It's trying too hard at this point. Every now and again, I'm like, fine, I'll add a comma because you asked, but otherwise... it's oddly picky and nonsensical.

RokofAges75:
The only reason I even have grammar check on is because it is pretty good at catching missing words, and I do tend to leave words out when I'm typing too fast and don't catch them.

nicksgal:
Same! Or for when I accidentally make typos that don't make sense by switching around letters, it usually catches them. For instance, while writing this, I definitely typed "swithcing" instead for some reason, lol.

It's probably most useful to me for Howie's "royal we" speech though, because I do inevitably forget to match my verbs to "we/our/etcetera" sometimes.

RokofAges75:
Yes!  I do the letter switching thing too.  Again, typing too fast.  (At my whopping 3 words a minute according to Nano LOL).

It does occasionally catch an grammatical error like the subject/verb agreement issue you mention and suggestions a correction that's actually correct, so it's good for that too.  At least it forces me to stop and think about it, even if it's not right.  (I did Google yesterday to make sure "defeatening" and "havingn't" weren't real words I had just never heard of LOL.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version