Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story For June 2007 - Not Your Average Cinderella Story by Honey

<< < (2/13) > >>

LenniluvsBrian:
I LOVE this story!!!! Originally, when I first read the summary months ago I wasn't going to read it, because the summary didn't catch my interest. But then one day, after many months of ignoring it, it suddenly struck my interest [don't rmeember why - could've been 'cause I realzied Honey wrote it-lol] & I decided to finally read it. And boy, am I ever glad I did! It's definitely one of THE best stories ever!!!!!!!!!! It keeps your interest right up until the very end & you're hooked & constantly wanting to read more - I once stayed up waaaay later than expected to read it. Another time, I opened up numerous Net screens & had different chapters in each one, then logged off 'cause someone needed the phone - but I still got my fix for the day! Lol. But this story IS Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I love all the characters & hate all the bad characters who deserve to be kicked all the way to Tim-Buck-Two & fed to the sharks! But, yeah, over all - I INSIST people read this story!!!! Whooot!!!!!!!!!

~1 of your #1 fans~
~Lenni~

mare:
aww sorry about that! If I knew you wouldn't be around all month I would have given you a different one instead, but i'm glad you have internet access so this way you won't miss out on too much! :)

RokofAges75:
Just read the first five chapters, and I like it so far!!  I've always wanted to read something by Kelly, but I have to admit, I've glossed over this one a few times cause the whole anti-Mary Sue (the female character who tries so hard to NOT be a Mary Sue that she becomes just as annoying) thing doesn't really appeal to me, and that's how I expected Cindy to be.  But now that I'm into it, I really like her character.  She seems very real - just like what you might expect a girl with her background to turn out like.

I like your portrayal of the guys, too, especially Brian (and maybe not so much Nick, with the ass-grabbing LOL).  And another thing I like is that I have no idea which one of them is going to be her "Prince Charming"!  That's rare with a romance, and I like it cause it makes it unpredictable!  First I was picturing Brian, cause I know you're a Brian girl, Kelly, but then it was Howie who was the sweet one she noticed at first, so then I was thinking him... but then Brian appears... but he's married... and then there's AJ, who she thinks is hot... but then she slept with Nick!  And then there's Howie again the morning after, who thinks she's amazing!  So now I totally don't know who she's going to fall for!  LOL

You've got me intrigued, so I will definitely keep reading! :)

honey:
You know Julie, it's interesting that you say that because I've always figured that people would assume Cindy is an anti mary sue and to be honest, in the begining, I believe she is. But the point of the story is that she struggles with being that way and the romance that falls into her life makes it impossible for her to keep being that way. That's why I love Cindy, because she's deep (I hope) This story is almost more of a "comming of age" story  than anything and it's the romance that makes her go through it. I was hoping that would be the spin on this romance that would keep the readers interested. And thanks for taking the time to give it a chance! It really means a lot you guys.  And Yay Dee! If you read this one I think you'll die cause it's soooooo different from Whitmore Lake. I think I worte WL in one of my manic moodes and NYACS in one of my depression swings! -lol

**squishy hugs for all of you!**

oh, and it's OK Mare. I'm just flattered that you're letting me have a month at all. And like I said, I'll still be around so all is good. ;D 

Teri:
YAYAYAYAYAY *HUGS* Congratulation s Kelly!!!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version