Fic Talk > Felix Awards

Welcome to the Felix Awards!

(1/7) > >>

mare:
The Felix Awards were designed to showcase the best of the best on the Absolute Chaos website in a variety of categories.

Please read the rules very carefully before you fill out the nomination form and take your time and really consider stories before you nominate them.

Rules

Don't stuff the ballot boxes!! That means do not beg and plead for people to nominate you or vote for you.

Do not make a thousand email addresses just so you can nominate yourself a thousand times. In fact you cannot nominate yourself at all. The three of us all agree that nominations just like reviews, should come from other sources so have some faith in your readers. If they feel like your story is worth a nomination then i'm sure you will get one.

No soliciting for any of the nominated stories. For instance we don't want to see threads saying "If you don't nominate this story/vote for this story there's something wrong with you."

Judges may not be nominated in categories they are judging.

Try not to go overboard with nominating one story for everything. In fact, you cannot nominate a story for more then 3 categories.

All nominated stories really should be complete unless it's nominated for 'unfinished' story. We do realize there are  a lot of great stories out there in varying degrees of doneness, but when it comes time for judging, it'll be very hard for the judges to form a solid opinion on a piece that is not complete.

When nominating make sure you answer the questions at the bottom of every category you are filling out. If they are left blank the nomination will not count.

There will be no more than 6 stories per category. We will leaf through all the nominations to determine those stories.

Most importantly... have fun!

The nomination period will start soon, but I am going to start another thread with the list of possible categories so you will know what to expect. Once Chaos is done with the form we'll start taking nominations.

Thanks a lot and we hope you guys enjoy this!

~ Your humble moderators

MellzBellz:
 I just have a question. What if a story is like basically a few chapters away from completion?

mare:
You can nominate it, but it's really up to the judges to decide if it's complete enough to get an award. Hopefully if the authors see themselves nominated tey'll get in gear and finish it off lol

mers:
i have a question and am feeling really stupid about this. I've searched the threads and cant find it anywhere...

Is there a thread to find out which judge is judging which category? I want to avoid nominating them in said categories they're judging and making life difficult for judges :p sorry if this has been posted and my eyes missed it :)

RokofAges75:
I think they're waiting to assign judges categories until the nominations are done for just that reason... so you can nominate first, and if you're nominating one of the judges, they just won't be judging in the categories you nominate them for. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version