Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: November is National Novel Writing Month  (Read 4823 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: November is National Novel Writing Month
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »

LOL with how badly i've been procrastinatin g lately I can't see me being very successful.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 09:43:18 PM »

Hehe, me neither.  I wrote a whole page over the weekend... whoo hoo.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 09:44:23 PM »

lmao woot!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »

Laura wanted me to do it with her, but I don't have any sort of idea right now. :(

So, maybe next year?

My schedule could lighten up by then. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 10:19:29 PM »

I would love to do this, but I'm with ya Julie. I'd get all caught up in every little plothole and end up screwing myself up.

I guess I could make a vow to finish Proving Them Wrong during the month of November. It has anywhere from 5 to 10 chapters left, depending on how much I want to stretch the drama out...Hmm, NaNoWriMo might just be the answer to my PTW problems!
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 10:49:01 PM »

I tried that last year for PBox. Epic fail. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 10:53:02 PM »

lol. well we'll see how this goes. For me its really just about forcing myself to write my original fiction for a change. If I fail and go back to my super awesome new Brian stoy, then so be it. Maybe I'm only destined to be a fan fic writer. *there are worse things*  but I'm really gonna try hard not to get distracted by fanfic.  ;D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone else here is going to participate? I just signed up at http://www.nanowrimo.org, so I have officially committed myself. lol. wish me luck. This is my first year participating and I'm afraid it's going to put my fan fic on hold next month, but I'm really excited about doing it. (I'm going to try and finish Mercy before then though.  Three/four chapters in a week and a half.  :P It'll be my warm up!)

Is anyone else an author over there?  I'm honey0023 and I need writing buddies.  :D

Hey Kelly! I signed up @ nanowrimo too! My penname is MonkeyAbu...wo w notice a coincidence? LoL. Add me as a writing buddy! We'll cheer each other on!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 12:35:47 AM »

What team? WILDCATS!!!

oh wait, sorry. You said cheer... I think High School Musical. My daughter is an East High Cheerleader for Halloween this year. Its reall cute. Anyway... What I mean to say was...

Gooooooooooooo O  Ashley!!!!!  I'll go add you! What are you going to work on?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 02:21:19 PM »

Ok, November is over and I fall into that bigger category of people who didn't write a whole novel. lol.  Oh well, I still got something out of it and learned a little something about myself, so it;s all good.

I actually wrote just over 40,000 of the 50,000 word goal which means if I hadn't spent a week really sick and a week on vacation I would have easily hit the mark, I just couldn't do it all in one story. Lol I don't think I'll ever be able to limit myself to only one.

When I gave myself an assignment it started to feel like homework and I actually got all stressed out about it and wanted to write anything but the story I was supposed to be writing. So after like the first week of forcing myself to work on something I wasn't in the mood for and staring at a blank page, I said screw it and just worked on whatever. After that I didn't seem to have a problem writing at all.

I also learned that if I tell myself I can't work more than one story, my brain retaliates by throwing idea after idea at me. I had the worst case of story ADD I've ever had in my life lol!

Anyway, I  had fun, but instead of another original fiction novel, I now have like the first act to four new stories. What's a girl to do?

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 02:01:37 AM »

Awww Kelly! Don't feel so bad! You did a heck of a lot better then I did, by quite a bit. And when I say quite a bit, I mean it literally. I had a decent idea worked out but got maybe half of the first chapter written and that's it. *cowers in shame* So I failed NanoWrimo major. Guess we didn't do so well with cheering each other on? LoL. Are you still going to continue writing Tori? Even if you didn't finish NanoWrimo, you should still finish the story because for a sort of kid's fic, it's great and I'd still like to see where you are going to take it! Hmmm...now that NanoWrimo is over I am all of a sudden doing my cheering duties...what is wrong with this picture? LoL.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 02:24:27 AM »

Lol aww, I actually took Tori down because I'm kind of in the air. I think I will still occasionally work on it, but I think it will be a really slow process. I actually have the idea really well developed. I have pretty much the whole first novel completely structured and the basic story arcs for both the sequels and the prequel. (I see at least 4 books in the series) but my problem is, I am having the hardest time writing an eleven year old girl, and I'm not sure how much I'm in love with writing children's fantasy.(or how much I'm capable of pulling it off.) It's quite a genre jump for this little queen of fluff. SO, while I do like the challenge of it, and I am IN LOVE with the story itself, it's going to be very slow so I didn't want to keep it up. Maybe if I start making progress with it, I'll try to enlist you as a beta for me. =D Yay for the cheerleading squad though!! Thanks hun!

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 02:26:18 AM »

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! *does a little giddy jump and claps hands* I wants to be Kelly beta reader!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 02:37:16 AM »

haha I guess I might have to write it now huh?

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 02:42:39 AM »

Uh, lets think about this for a semi second...DUH!
Pages: 1 [2] 3