Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri  (Read 29281 times)

Tri

Re: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »

Okay, ONE more, then I need to start getting ready to skedaddle...

"It’s going to hurt to find out if she actually did what I think she did. But I will not let her take the easy way out. She’s going to want me to hate her and break up with her so she can punish herself over and over. I’m not going to let her do that, she’s going to deal with it, we’re going to deal with it. I love her with all my heart and I’m not giving up on her. Alyssa may want me to, however she can’t get what she wants right now."

With Paris or Amanda or any other girl, Nick would've just dumped her and moved on to the next girl.  With Alyssa, he's taking a more mature approach, realizing that people make mistakes, but he can't throw away the best relationship he's ever had because of one big bump in the road.  He's also acknowledging the fact that it's Ali...  She's the one for him and always has been.  So regardless of what happened, he wants to try to work their problems out and overcome them.  It's also part of his stubbornness that I love oh so much.  lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2007, 04:08:31 PM »

aww I liked the first one. Like Tri said, you did a great job of capturiing Nick's personality in that one.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2007, 04:12:12 PM »

LOL he's a dork so I try to capture it as much as possible
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »

it's always fun to capture a dorky Nick lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2007, 04:27:53 PM »

I'm trying to think of more clever questions for you but my brain isn't working properly lol I need to turn it in and get myself a new one. :P

So i'm going to steal some of my questions I have asked other people lol

For someone like me who isn't big on the romance side of fiction, tell me some things that would draw me in into your story.  Plot points that don't have to do with a romantic aspect.

Or for people who live for that sort of thing, what has been your favorite scene to write concerning the relationship between Nick and Ali?
(I hope I got that right?)and why?

Also give us some of your favorite quotes from your story (either the first or the sequel) and this one is for anyone who is reading or has read both of these stories. I have a feeling Tri has a few favorites she can share.

You can tell us who said it or you can just put the quote and have people guess. :)

For the non-romance lovers: It's not so much about the relationship and petty lil drama, it's well it deals with real life and a girl who just wants acceptance and works really hard to get it. Once she gets it she's like working twice as hard to keep it. As far as her relationships they tend to suffer as a result because she hasn't quite learned there's a balance to things and  in AS it's becoming GLARINGLY clear how it's effecting her relationships. And Nick...where do i begin with that boy.

It just really deep down deals with friendship. Nick and Ali are friends first, and lovers second, and they've sorta lost that along the way and AS is really going to show them returning to that. SWIB is the mid point, the height of their intimacy and love and making sacrifices when one messes up.

For the romance lovers: My favorite scene between them to write aside from any sex scene (cuz those are a lot of fun to write I must say) is the proposal. It was just something I knew I'd die if a man did that much for me. So I needed it to be absolutely perfect and drawn out. And according to Tri it was. LOL.

Favorite quotes:

Hmmm I love it when Nick like makes fun of himself, I don't particularly have any personal favorites I love all my quotes cuz I'm just that dorky. I love reading what everyone else thinks so please let me know what your favorite quotes are!!

I have favorite scenes, like the dream sequence about Brandon, it was effing hysterical to write. The threesome was another, I was so worried about it but then I wrote it and afterwards I was like damn that's actually pretty good. My most favorite scene has to be the proposal and anytime there's an anniversary between Nick and Ali, the cutesy stuff that shows HOW MUCH they know each other is just things I love to write. Which is why i'm like trying so hard to get through to CH 31 of AS cuz then some nice stuff will happen more often.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2007, 07:09:31 PM »

WOO just updated AS with chapter 18 and Julilly just for you I put in a journalism joke, hehe knew you'd get it!

Tri

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2007, 12:29:35 AM »

Hehe... Since I think it's an okay question, I'm gonna post it here...  Even though I asked you on IM.

As a writer of a number of stories, but a MAJOR series, do you ever get ideas for one story, but decide to save them for your series because you're attached to the well-developed and comfortable characters of Nick and Ali in the NI Series?

Basically, how attached to your characters are you?  And do you ever think of something for another story or get inspiration while writing something else and make it fit into AS just because you want it to happen between Nick and Ali?

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

Awesome question, If while writing something else which can happen I'll get an idea for what I want Nick and Ali to do in a similar situation I'll go write that after I've written for another story. I love my Nick and Ali characters but not everything fits into their personality and their relationship.. ..like for instance in UIA the whole concept of touring on two separate tours and only going a max of 10 days without seeing each other. That's distinctly Nick and Evan. But if it deals with something that can work for Nick and Ali then they get first crack at it. If it doesn't work I scrap it and save it for another story that it'll work with.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2007, 08:57:12 PM »

Oh that was a good question!

Another series type question for you, how do you know when it's time to put a series to bed? Do you find yourself writing another story to a series mainly because you don't want to let your characters go or is it because readers want more?

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »

Well a series for me is done when all that I have planned is completed. Like with NI it's like i planned this whole thing out. And figured that once I've done all that I've planned I'll be done with it. Which is true, originally it was going to be ONE LONG story, but then I just broke everything down and into separate stories with separate themes. And so far I have 6 stories planned in total.

1. Waiting In The Wings (the early years of the friendship)
2. Everything But Mine - 2002-2004
3. Accidentally In Love
4. Somewhere I Belong
5. Kisses Don't lie - Spin-off story
6. Always Something

All in all you could read AIL through AS and then go and read the two prequels I have planned, that's sort of how I have it designed, however, you could go star wars style and read them all straight through once they're all completed which if I know Tri she'll be the one doing that LMAO!

Tri

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2007, 09:38:43 PM »

Well a series for me is done when all that I have planned is completed. Like with NI it's like i planned this whole thing out. And figured that once I've done all that I've planned I'll be done with it. Which is true, originally it was going to be ONE LONG story, but then I just broke everything down and into separate stories with separate themes. And so far I have 6 stories planned in total.

1. Waiting In The Wings (the early years of the friendship)
2. Everything But Mine - 2002-2004
3. Accidentally In Love
4. Somewhere I Belong
5. Kisses Don't lie - Spin-off story
6. Always Something

All in all you could read AIL through AS and then go and read the two prequels I have planned, that's sort of how I have it designed, however, you could go star wars style and read them all straight through once they're all completed which if I know Tri she'll be the one doing that LMAO!

You make me sound like a loser.  :P  Just cause I will be doing that...  In one weekend, too!

I'm just happy that you mentioned Star Wars.  Ya know, since you're Yoda and all.  :D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2007, 11:23:07 PM »

ROFL! ok u need to explain to everyone WHY you think I'm yoda (i'm not short i swear!)

Tri

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2007, 12:39:54 PM »

LOL.  No, it's not about Teri's height that she's Yoda.  For those of you unfamiliar with Star Wars (or if you just need a refresher), Yoda is the all powerful and very wise Jedi master.  He has also trained notable Jedi throughout his life, like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker.  Yoda is really positive and he does have a playful, joking side to him, too.  Overall, he's just super cool.  (God, I'm a dork...  I blame the fact that I only have brothers, mostly male cousins, and mostly male friends.  haha.)

Now...  You may be asking...  What does this have to do with Teri?  Well!  I will tell you.  Don't you worry!  lol.

When I first started reading Teri's series, I realized how well each and every one of her characters were developed.  Not only Nick and Ali, but Nick's band mates, Nick's family members, Alyssa's friends, and Alyssa's family members.  To be honest, the only character I feel that I don't know a TON about (in comparison with the others, I mean) is Lori.  And even with her, I could list plenty of things I know about her.  lol.  Then Teri and I started sharing character development exercises with each other and we analyzed each other's main characters in-depth.  When we started talking about each other's stuff, I found myself writing a LOT better as far as the emotional connection my characters have (see chapters 40 and on in What the Heart Wants).  Sooo...  I started calling Teri the "Yoda of character development" because not only is SHE a character development master, but she can transfer her skill to others!  lol.  (Actually, I believe it was the "Yoda of Character Developmental Sex" because of her knack for writing really great sex scenes, too...  Which tie into the emotional connection between her characters, too.)

Anyway...  That's the story!  So when I call her Yoda, you can understand now.  :)

Tri

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2007, 12:42:07 PM »

Oh!  And one more thing...  Let's all be thankful that Teri doesn't talk or write like Yoda.  I know I'd be confused!  :D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2007, 02:09:49 PM »

LMAO is it sad that I can talk like yoda though? LOL A Life I need ROFL! okay i'm a major dork
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10