Welcome > Suggestion Box

Challenges

<< < (2/4) > >>

Laura Mae:
How we went about it on my old board is that every month, there'd be a new challenge. People would have the first three weeks to turn their submissions in, and the last week, submissions would be posted anonymously and board members would vote for which submission they thought was the best. One board member would keep track of the votes (they wouldn't be able to participate in the current challenge, obviously), and at the end of the month, they'd announce the winner, and the winner would get some kind of award thingy. It's pretty fun and it keeps the creative juices flowing, as long as more than two people enter a challenge. *lol*

DragonStar:

--- Quote from: Nijntje on January 01, 2007, 01:18:13 PM ---Yes, you're right Mare!
So let's take the example I just mentioned.

BSB member: Brian
Line of dialogue: "Turn around and pretend you never saw me"
Song: "Creepin'up on you" - Darren Hayes
Color: Black
Action: Punch someone in the stomach
Restriction: No stalker fan(s)

The story must involve Brian. Someone has to say "Turn around and pretend you never saw me". Some lyrics from "Creepin'up on you" by Darren Hayes must be used in the story. It also has to have something black in it. Someone has to punch someone else in the stomach (or must be punched in the stomach by somebody else). And you can't let any stalker fan(s) play a role in the story.

Now it'd probably be even better if then other authors judge the stories and let the writer know what they think about it, so that the writer can really learn from this. Does this clear things up?

--- End quote ---

Very much! I wasn't sure what the whole "Black" thing was about, lol.

Nijntje:

--- Quote from: Laura Mae on January 01, 2007, 06:42:19 PM ---How we went about it on my old board is that every month, there'd be a new challenge. People would have the first three weeks to turn their submissions in, and the last week, submissions would be posted anonymously and board members would vote for which submission they thought was the best. One board member would keep track of the votes (they wouldn't be able to participate in the current challenge, obviously), and at the end of the month, they'd announce the winner, and the winner would get some kind of award thingy. It's pretty fun and it keeps the creative juices flowing, as long as more than two people enter a challenge. *lol*

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I didn't mean to 'steal' the idea from your board, but since it's been slow I thought it'd be a good idea to try it out here..

shrinkingviolet:
That sounds like something I would definitely be interested in. :)

Laura Mae:

--- Quote from: Nijntje on January 02, 2007, 03:30:47 AM ---Yeah, I didn't mean to 'steal' the idea from your board, but since it's been slow I thought it'd be a good idea to try it out here..

--- End quote ---

It's no problem. :) Ethereality is pretty much non-existent, anyway, so I'm more than happy to let this board use a few of its ideas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version