Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the Month for February 2008 - Learning to Trust by Ashley

(1/9) > >>

mare:
Hello and Happy February to you.

I know maybe you were all expecting a fluffy romance for this month and for all I know, this may be one but judging from the summary I have a feeling this is far from fluffy. lol

I know a lot of people love this story so i'm sure you'll all enjoy reading along this month.

As always feel free to ask questions and comment in here as the month goes on and i'll pop in from time to time with my Oprah-ish questions. I hope Ashley is around for this, I saw she was online yesterday so if someone talks to her regularly, pass the word along!

Thanks and enjoy :)

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1258&warning=4

mare:
1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

honey:
Aww Mare, sometimes it feels like you're picking stories just for me.  :)  I'm going to have to read this one over again this month because it's been years since I read it now, but this was my favorite fan fic until I read Mersey's "Children Like Me". Which I love to pieces.

I. Love. This. Fic.  And, feel comforted that it's not a fluffy romance at all. There is a romance subplot but that's really not what the story is about at all and it comes about much more toward the end of the story. This story is very not fluff. But it's sort of beautifully sad. If that makes any sense. I think it has a very interesting plot line and is very unique and Ashley does a wonderful job getting all the emotion across that I think would come from that type of situation.

This is definitely a story for all you angst lovers out there.

honey:
Oh, and I almost forgot,  CONGRATRS ASHLEY!!! If you're on the board... I don't remember if I've seen you here or not, but congrats anyway!! You're story is seriously one of my faves!

mare:
Yup, she was online yesterday which is why I bumped this story up to this month. She was originally slated for April but the person I had for February hasn't been online in over 75 days so I did some moving around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version