Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: How to Catch a Plagiarist.  (Read 23129 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: How to Catch a Plagiarist.
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »

Wow... that is sad.  She's probably the kind of kid who copies whole chunks of Wikipedia entries into her essays for school too.  *stabbity stab*  Plagiarism is STEALING, and it's WRONG!  Why is that so hard to understand??  Where are her morals?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2008, 11:08:35 PM »

I hope she's a kid. And someone is in there giving her real feedback on the story. Hello? Clue bus? Unless she's being sarcastic which I am not picking up on at all.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 04:39:48 PM »

I even emailed her after she made the new penname and she never replied... I also let Kim know that it was plagiarized because she had been reviewing it, and I notice her reviews are gone now.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

Did you see the title change I made to one of her chapters? That one girl was on there giving her glowing reviews and I wanted her to stop! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 07:55:15 PM »

You guys just made my Internet a more safer place. Thank you. ;D

I've ceased being surprised by anything people do. Really. Some people clearly were born on the stupid side of the maternity ward and they've ridden the stupid bus all their lives...and this girl must be one of them. Moron.
Sarah

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »

Did you see the title change I made to one of her chapters? That one girl was on there giving her glowing reviews and I wanted her to stop! lol

Touche, Mare!

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »

I know I'm late, but I did pick hear all about our latest plagerism drama. I actually had been skimming Cheap Thrills too and you know I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt so stupid me actually thought at first that maybe she was just converting it from Nsync to BSB and missed some names. How many times do you see authors who rewrite an old fic and change names? Now I'm going to be super paranoid every time I see that and think Plagerizer! j/k But it'll def cross my mind now!

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »

^ That's what I thought originally, too. That's why I left a review at first, pointing it out. but when she continued to do it, I figure she was either too dumb to keep it straight or something was wrong...so I got annoyed and stopped reading. lol.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 05:19:27 AM »

I know I'm late, but I did pick hear all about our latest plagerism drama. I actually had been skimming Cheap Thrills too and you know I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt so stupid me actually thought at first that maybe she was just converting it from Nsync to BSB and missed some names. How many times do you see authors who rewrite an old fic and change names? Now I'm going to be super paranoid every time I see that and think Plagerizer! j/k But it'll def cross my mind now!

Mare and I also considered that a possibility, that is why when we emailed the original author we asked if she was just reposting it under a different penname - and she confirmed she wasn't, so that's how we knew.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 05:54:37 AM »

I feel the need to come in here and say once again, what a dingbat! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 05:56:39 AM »

She didn't even capitalize the names when she was changing them LOL.  At least Tanja did that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 05:58:35 AM »

LOL she needs to take how to plagerize lessons from Tonja. I bet they have weekly meetings although they probably break into real writers houses to do it.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 09:11:01 AM »

^*dies laughing* Does this mean their writing implements are also stolen from real writers? lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »

Probably lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 10:51:20 AM »

Stephen King must be ill knowing all his computer's being used for is find/replace and the internet. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7