Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: How to Catch a Plagiarist.  (Read 23100 times)

SugarMagnolia

• Fledgling
Re: How to Catch a Plagiarist.
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2008, 04:33:21 PM »

I saw that yesturday this person tried to post it again.  How many times do they think they can post it without getting caught?  Seems like a waste of time to me.  ::)

:o WTH? Are you serious?  I'm finding this annoying now.  LOL  Where's the internetz loony bin and fanfic lawyers when you need them?   ::)

bsbsavedmylife

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »

:o WTH? Are you serious?  I'm finding this annoying now.  LOL  Where's the internetz loony bin and fanfic lawyers when you need them?   ::)

LOL!  Yeah, it was on the front page yesturday.  I thought it was a new story and I opened it to read it and realized it was the same one!  LMAO!  I was like OMG you've got to be kidding me!  LOL!  Fan Fic lawyers!  That's great!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »

I'm kind of our unofficial fanfic lawyer you might say lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2008, 06:33:19 PM »

yes she is lol

And OMG! I swear i'm going to smite that girl! I mean how many times does one have to be caught before one says "Oops better not try that again?"
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2008, 06:47:20 PM »

oh and just a reminder. If by chance you do see someone posting a story you know was plagerized, please let the mods know. Either PM us here on the forum or send an email through the site because in this case, neither of us saw that. The numbnuts probably deleted it herself before she managed to get caught again.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

bsbsavedmylife

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2008, 01:07:23 AM »

I will definitely keep an eye out for anything suspicious.  I've never had that happen to me, but I can only how frustrating and heartbreaking it would be to have someone take your fan fic and claim it as their own.  I do make BSB graphics and I've had a couple of people try to pass my graphics as their own.  So, I can definitely understand the frustrations of plagiarism.  I honestly don't understand how people can do that.  The amount of effort this person took to continue posting this story over and over again, they could've been writing their own.  Seriously, it makes no sense.  LOL! 

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »

I hope none of you think we've forgotten about this! It's been relatively quiet lately but don't forget to keep your eyes open, and so will we. Teamwork! lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2009, 10:20:50 PM »

Go Team!  Beat those plagiarists!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »

*fires up google search engine* lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »

*fires up google search engine* lol

I'm glad you followed the lesson plan lol
~Maple Jellybean~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »

I'm very adept at following instructions. ;D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »

Our newest plagiarist to be identified: "mznickgenecart er"

If you've been following any of her fics, you can find the real ones at: http://backstreetstoriesfic.tripod.com/index.html
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2009, 07:34:57 PM »

Sickening.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »

Copycats suck ass!

Mariah

• Major Disruption
  • Let go of today, tomorrow's another day...
    • http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1274
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2009, 12:43:54 PM »

I will tell you that the story was called Cheap Thrills and it was originally an Nysnc story called Somewhere in the Middle that this girl just changed the names and posted it as her own.

This is the link to the real story

http://archive.nsync-fiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=28

This girl also had another story on the site called The Walk which we deleted and now we're thinking she might be trying to repost it using another name so if anyone on here has read The Walk (It had a banner of Nick and Mandy Moore) and you think you are reading a very similiar story please let us know.

Her reasoning behind plagerizing was that her friend told her to post it up.

Nice reason lol what a bonehead!

And yes I am calling her out on a public messageboard but if you are going to copy someone else's hard work you best be ready to face what happens if you arte caught!

joining in a bit late for this, but thats a really crappy story to begin with. no excuses but that story is just not so great. lol
My Stories
Jack: FYI, he was the love of my life.
Will: You've said that about each Backstreet Boy at one time or another. -Will & Grace
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7