Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: 00Carter  (Read 42008 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: 00Carter
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2008, 01:42:25 PM »

lol you want my idea? (probably not, but I'm going to tell you anyway...)

I was thinking what we should do is have each epi be their own story and put them in a series. (essentially that's what they are anyway.)

But I was thinking that since each epi is so long, we should have each part that we wrote be seperated into chapters  so that it breaks up the long episodes for the readers. I know that sounds like a lot of work, but I would be willing to help you if you if that sounds like any kind of idea worth doing. Then in the future episodes, we could all just post our own parts or something so there is less work for you.  I dunno... I was just thinking that it is annoying to have a story be over 10,000 words and have no chapter breaks. I never read anything 10,000 words in one sitting...

LOL that's exactly what we're doing!   Except as of now, we're still keeping it all one story so we're not hogging the recent updates.  It seems easier to have it all in one place.  But take a look at it right now: http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9085  I think it's still easy to follow, but broken up more, so people like Mare will give it a chance LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2008, 01:53:16 PM »

lmao so first I break em up into separate stories, but don't make em have separate chapters.

Then Julie breaks them up as separate chapters but keeps it all in one story.

We can't win lmao. Cause Kelly might have the best idea.

But lookie, last mini banner is done till I find a way to make the Epi 4 one how I want to lol.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2008, 02:10:29 PM »

What do you think is too long for one chapter?  The first part of Episode 3 is over 5,000 words... is that too much?  Should I have split it into 5 or 6 parts instead of 4?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »

LOL we're so wordy.

Hmm...maybe 5 would work better.

Oh lol I know you're copy/pasting from the files you have. But it still has Brian being from the FBI instead of the CIA lmao. I already fixed it on AC but if you change it to 5 parts instead of 4...you might recopy/paste so I thought I'd let you know lol.

Maybe we should have just let Brian be from the FBI :P lol as many times as we accidentally put him there

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »

Oh, thanks!  I thought it was fixed already because it says CIA when Brian first comes in... I guess it didn't get changed at the end.

Yeah, I'm torn... I'm so anal, I want it to be even... but I'm not sure which is better, to be even with number of parts for episode or even with word count per part.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »

lol which is why posting epis on AC is now officially your job cause me I'm so not like that lmao. So once we actually get the next part finished and we update here with epi 4, you can do it LOL

I'm leaving it up to you how to do it lol. Aren't I sweet?  ;D :D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »

Okay, here's what it looks like with every part of Remember Me under 2000 (or close enough to it): http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9085

What I started doing was breaking it up so that each character's flashback is in a different part.  I combined a few of the shorter parts towards the end so we wouldn't have 500-700 word chapters.  I kinda like it separated that way, but it's 11 parts.  So if we like it 11 parts, I will want to go back and break the first two episodes up a little more too, so it doesn't look like Remember Me is just insanely long (even though it is LOL).  Thoughts?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2008, 02:47:31 PM »

The many, many parts per episode makes me think maybe we should do what we were going to do in the first place and make them each a separate story in a series... but the thing with that is, the number of stories is really going to add up, and all of those stories are going to be listed under each of our names.  While we'd quickly rise to the top of the prolific author list LOL, it seems like it would get kind of cluttered and choke out our other stories.  I think I would still rather keep it all in one story, rather than a series.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »

lmao wow that is a lot of parts.

I say keeping it around 3000 a chapter is better. That or breaking it up into separate stories.

I had no idea when I figured I could do this today it'd be such a project lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »

Alright, got it back down to 6 parts LOL.  I agree; around 3000 is good.  We'll just keep that the norm for the rest of it.  Ice Ice Baby will probably be about 5-6 parts too.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »

LOL I saw it earlier as you were modifying and had like like 20 parts lmao I was like...omg haha.

Ice Ice Baby will definitely take up 6 parts...that one is longer than Remember Me  :P

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »

It's actually not!  It seems like it would be longer, but Remember Me's got about 10 pages on it in my files.  It's all those flashbacks LOL.

Btw, you totally have to put MJ on the banner.  (I love the banners, btw!)
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »

LOL I was planning on it. I was actually wondering if I made a banner, and then handed it to you, would you be able to have it make MJ sliding across the bottom lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »

LOL I was planning on it. I was actually wondering if I made a banner, and then handed it to you, would you be able to have it make MJ sliding across the bottom lol

LMAO!!  Yeah, I think so... let's try it!  I'm in the mood today if you feel like making it today.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »

OMG, I love you both! *GLOMP*

That's all I have to say.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13