Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: News from REFRESH!  (Read 4602 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
News from REFRESH!
« on: January 22, 2007, 05:59:54 AM »

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I've been kind of missing lately, in fact the only reason I have time to write this is because I'm sick and didn't go to work today :)

As of last night all of Tanja's "fics" have been removed from REFRESH.

Our saga with them is officially done. Jonathan gave us all his best, and hopefully we won't have to go through this again!

Thanks for your patience everyone! I had confidence it would all work out in the end :)

Julilly
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: News from REFRESH!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 04:05:12 PM »

hrmmm..

some of them are still there.

http://www.refreshdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47&page=2&order=desc

That is good news though. Maybe he just hasn't finished taking them down.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 07:45:42 PM »

hrmmm..

some of them are still there.

http://www.refreshdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47&page=2&order=desc

That is good news though. Maybe he just hasn't finished taking them down.

I noticed, but weren't there some that weren't included because they weren't on AC...or something to that effect?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:17:43 PM »

I noticed, but weren't there some that weren't included because they weren't on AC...or something to that effect?
I don't know, maybe. But oyu'd think that they would have delted her account entirely after she was caught blatantly plagerizing. I know those aren't her stories.

At least they are oding something about it finally.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 07:27:56 AM »

I don't know, maybe. But oyu'd think that they would have delted her account entirely after she was caught blatantly plagerizing. I know those aren't her stories.

At least they are oding something about it finally.

The stories that were left up are not from AC, so they weren't included in our complaint. They removed the ones that were mentioned in the letter, which is all that we asked of them. We don't have any...jurisdic tion I guess, over the other stories. It would be up to the host of that author's website to go after them.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 02:49:02 PM »

I know. I still can't believe they wouldn't just delete her though lol makes no sense but at least it's over.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 07:28:39 AM »

I know. I still can't believe they wouldn't just delete her though lol makes no sense but at least it's over.

I agree completely, but I guess we can't be picky lol
~Maple Jellybean~