Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Lovely Bones discussion thread  (Read 4840 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The Lovely Bones discussion thread
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »

Just wanted to share that I saw a trailer for the movie version of The Lovely Bones today when I went to see the Time Traveler's Wife.  Unfortunately, my mother kept talking to me during the trailer, so I can't really say how good it looked LOL.  I was watching it, but not really listening, even though I wanted to.  But it's a movie I'll probably want to see at some point, after reading the book.

Which, btw, since I'm looking at my last post before this one - I DID finish The Lovely Bones eventually.  It wasn't my favorite, but I thought it was pretty good.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »

I forgot we discussed this one lol

I am looking forward to the movie even though Mark Whalberg is staring in it. It wasn't one of my favorite books either but I loved their concept of heaven.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 01:09:20 PM »

I finally saw the movie of this and once again it doesn't even come close to how great the book was. Too many things left out made the movie seem shotty at best.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »

I haven't seen it yet, but heard it wasn't very good.  That's too bad; it could have been a good movie, with such a great plot to work with.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »

One of my favorite books...I should reread it.  I haven't seen the movie.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »

^ If it's one of your favorite books, you'll find the movie disappointing.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 10:02:19 AM »

I enjoyed the book until the end.  I thought the end was a MAJOR let down.  The whole body inhibiting thing would have worked for me if she had done something rather than sleep with the guy.  If I was dead and got a second chance I'd be running to my mom and dad and rest of my family, lol.  And, it's been awhile since I've read the book, but no one finds out where her body is right?  I wanted some resolution to the story.  I wanted the bad guy to get caught.  I wanted JUSTICE!  But, in a way maybe that's the point of the book - sometimes there ISN'T justice. ::sigh::

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 11:27:09 AM »

Well the murderer does die a horrible death at the end but I know what you mean. It's sad because the parents never get the closure they need. I don't think they do find her body in the book. I don't remember though.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 01:45:22 PM »

I know this is an old thread, but I recently got the book from the book sharing shelves we have in work and started reading it yesterday.  I'm really enjoying it so far, I'm on chapter 5.  It's every parents worst nightmare, poor Susie!  I like that everyone's heaven is different.

I recorded the movie a few weeks ago, but I'm going to finish the book before I watch it.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »

I love how she portrays the idea of heaven in this one.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »

Me too.  I like how people who have similar interests end up at the same place, but yet have their own things to do there too.  Such a different kind of book to any I've read before.  Usually you don't find out who the murderer is until the end, in this we know from the start.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »

Yes, and sometimes that makes it frustrating! lol

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 02:02:27 AM »

I haven't had the chance to read the book, and I blame our bookstores here lol Unfortunately we don't have everything here. (that's why I have to order your book, Mare, and I have to pay a lot. Maybe next year I'll be able to read your book  ;) )

But I've seen the movie, because Mark is my favorite actor (and because he looked like Brian 12 yrs ago lol ). I loved the movie, maybe because I didn't read the book yet.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 03:14:30 AM »

Ritz if it's not too expensive to send, I could send it to you when I've finished reading.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 05:49:30 AM »

Ritz don't waste your money on my book lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4