Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Emails for reviews  (Read 4187 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Emails for reviews
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »

I set up my account so that I would be notified each time I recieved a new review. The problem is, I aften don't recieve them for at least an hour. In fact, one just came for a review that was written yesterday.

Is this a problem with the server or my email?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Emails for reviews
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »

It's not just you; sometimes I don't get them at all.  Sometimes I think they get sent to my spam folder, but not always.  I go through periods of time where I get them every time and then other times where I don't get them at all.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:08:01 PM »

The spam folder thing happens to me also... :'(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:37:35 PM »

Actually it's a growing problem that we keep getting a ton of mail bouncing back to us saying mail service is delayed etc... not sure what that means exactly but my guess is lot's of things are bouncing because we have outdated email adresses. I'm not sure if that would effect everyone or not. Chaos might be able to answer that better, but I can just say whenever I check mail there are tons of those waiting in our inbox.

I tend to get my review mails pretty late as well. lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 08:05:14 PM »

Just thought I'd add that my information is up to date and correct.

But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having a problem. :)
~*Dee*~

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 07:41:47 AM »

There seems to be a big delay for a large portion of the messages that go to yahoo.com addresses. I've been seeing notices of messages that are delayed up to 72 hours. Unfortunately, I believe that it's a problem on the yahoo side since other messages from the site seem to be getting through okay. I did a few test messages to my non-yahoo address and they went through.

I'm not sure it will help, but you might try adding mods@absolutechaos.net to your address book and see if that will help it get through their spam filter (not sure that it will, but worth a shot...?)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 03:55:47 PM »

Thank you for the response Ash! :) I will add you all right now. :) And maybe it will get the messaes through faster also. :)
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 05:06:09 PM »

There seems to be a big delay for a large portion of the messages that go to yahoo.com addresses. I've been seeing notices of messages that are delayed up to 72 hours. Unfortunately, I believe that it's a problem on the yahoo side since other messages from the site seem to be getting through okay. I did a few test messages to my non-yahoo address and they went through.

I'm not sure it will help, but you might try adding mods@absolutechaos.net to your address book and see if that will help it get through their spam filter (not sure that it will, but worth a shot...?)

I'm not surprised.  I like Yahoo, but yeah, that makes sense... mine is a yahoo account, and I have seen some of my review emails in my spam folder.  Not always though.  It's weird.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 05:12:09 PM »

I just read a message from yahoo on my mailing list. It said all yahoo mails are being delayed for some reason. LOL odd.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 05:41:51 PM »

Why are they being delayed? ???
~*Dee*~

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 10:43:39 PM »

I've found that I've been bouncing because I have too many items on my safe list so lots of things go automatically into my spam folder and I guess some things don't like that and bounce them. *shrugs* I've done some cleaning and have more room on my safe list now
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 09:09:18 AM »

Why are they being delayed? ???

I'm not sure what the hold up is, but I'm *guessing* that the astounding increase in spam that's been occuring the past few months is wreaking havoc on the yahoo spam-filters. The same thing happened to the mail servers where I work. Spam has gotten absolutely ridiculous and pretty much the only choices are for them to probably spend millions beefing up their servers and network capabilities, or delay mail while it goes through the spam filter.

Of course that's just a guess as to what's happening, but it seems pretty likely scenerio. A lot of mail that goes to my yahoo mailing address is really slow to reach me these days.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »

Yet another reason to hate spam. *shakes head*

I'm almost inclined to switch it to my University email, but I can forsee that being a bad idea...
~*Dee*~