Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: American Gods discussion thread  (Read 2177 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: American Gods discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 04:55:13 PM »

I didn't even buy this book, but I did eventually finish The Lovely Bones LOL.  I'll be around for the next one if it's a book I think I'll like.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 05:43:01 PM »

LOL if no one takes February I will.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 05:46:26 PM »

The same people who always go into the challenge threads and say they are going to write one and never do lol

I did suck this month, but I almost knew I would. LOL I don't even really have a great excuse except that all bookstores involve shopping and the library is just too much work. I hope someone does come in and say something this month. Someone has to have read it besides you. If not i'm really going to try to get it soon. We'll see.

LMAO, yeah, I should have known it'd work much like the challenge thread. (Of which I have not answered yet this month)

lol don't worry yourself too much. It's a super long book and the month is already half over. You can just read next months and chat with me about it.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »

I volunteer to host April if we need someone for then.  February and March are looking busy, but I think I could definitely commit to hosting the discussion in April if it's not already taken.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »

I just started reading this book today and it's by far the weirdest thing i've ever read so far. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 04:59:34 PM »

hahaha. Just wait. It gets weirder.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 05:05:35 PM »

Weirder, but better
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »

agreed. I really really enjoyed this book!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »

I'm not disliking it. It's just odd. I haven't gotten that far yet. He just had a convo with his dead wife and met up with the weird hungarian people lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »

I am just so confused lol I want to stop reading but I know it'll probably get better any minute, right? I feel like I need to be high to read this one or something. Kind of like Listening to Pink Floyd sober? lol

I am getting a kick out of the wife. I think she's my favorite chracter so far.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 06:24:25 PM »

I am just so confused lol I want to stop reading but I know it'll probably get better any minute, right? I feel like I need to be high to read this one or something. Kind of like Listening to Pink Floyd sober? lol

I am getting a kick out of the wife. I think she's my favorite chracter so far.

so THAT'S why it made sense to me lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 06:27:39 PM »

Probably, because it's not making a lick of sense to me. Not one iota lol not yet anyway. Although i'm reading it between classes. I have a feeling it's the kind of book I need to concentrate fully on.

I mean I get the idea and it's a great one but i'm just not getting wtf is happening. Talking dogs and ravens lol it's like I wrote this book or something! I'm waiting for the dancing cucumbers! 

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »

They're in the next chapter
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 06:45:14 PM »

Excellent! Maybe i'll read one more than. lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »

lol I'm trying to remember where it all started to click for me. It was a WHILE though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3