Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: The Felix Awards Season Two - The Rules!  (Read 4796 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
The Felix Awards Season Two - The Rules!
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »

The Felix Awards were designed to showcase the best of the best on Absolute Chaos in a variety of categories.

Please read the rules very carefully before you fill out the nomination form and take your time and really consider stories before you nominate them. Categories and information on nominations will be available by the end of the week - in the meantime writers are able to enter their work for consideration.

Rules

-- Don't stuff the ballot boxes!! That means do not beg and plead for people to nominate you or vote for you.

-- Do not make a thousand email addresses just so you can nominate yourself a thousand times. In fact you cannot nominate yourself at all. The three of us all agree that nominations just like reviews, should come from other sources so have some faith in your readers. If they feel like your story is worth a nomination then I'm sure you will get one.

-- No soliciting for any of the nominated stories. For instance we don't want to see threads saying "If you don't nominate this story/vote for this story there's something wrong with you."

Judges may not be nominated in categories they are judging.

-- You cannot nominate a story for more then 3 categories. You must read more than one thing!? :P

-- All nominated stories really should be nearing completion unless it's nominated for 'unfinished' story. We do realize there are a lot of great stories out there in varying degrees of doneness, but when it comes time for judging, it'll be very hard for the judges to form a solid opinion on a piece that is not complete, or at least has something to go on.

-- When nominating make sure you answer the questions at the bottom of every category you are filling out. If they are left blank the nomination will not count. This includes links to stories. When a whole bunch of nominations are coming in, it's time consuming to have to find all the links yourself by searching through AC.

-- There will be no more than 6, or less than 3 stories per category. We will leaf through all the nominations to determine those stories.

-- ANY FIC THAT WON IN 2008 IN A JUDGED CATEGORY CANNOT WIN AGAIN IN THE SAME CATEGORY. So don't nominate it! :P Check the winners list before you take your time to fill out the nomination forms!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: The Felix Awards Season Two - The Rules!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 01:18:28 AM »

aww, YAY there will be a season 2! Jolly good!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:29:33 AM »

I'm excited. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »

Yay!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »

YAY!

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »

Yay!!!!!!

~Lenni~

P.S. So do we just used the same nomination form as last time???
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 08:49:26 AM »

Yay!!!!!!

~Lenni~

P.S. So do we just used the same nomination form as last time???

No because I haven't posted the categories yet
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:28:58 PM »

Thank you for sending in those nomination forms, keep them coming. Just a few things you want to consider:

-- When nominating make sure you answer the questions at the bottom of every category you are filling out. If they are left blank the nomination will not count. This includes links to stories. When a whole bunch of nominations are coming in, it's time consuming to have to find all the links yourself by searching through AC.

This is one of the rules for nominating and seems to be the biggest one being ignored. We would love to count all nominations that are coming in but if you can't explain why something should be nominated then it doesn't make sense that you are nominating it.

If you are nominating a story for best short story and the only reason you can think of to nominate it is "Because it's short" It tells us not to watse our time reading it. lol

Also, please make sure you include the author and title of the story as well as what category you want to nominate it for. All of those things have been oversights we have seen since the nomination period began.

Thanks!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »

just wanted to say that I love the feature you guys added to the site where at the bottom of the page you can click to nominate that story for the awards. Very convenient. Not that I've sent in any noms. lol. I gotta get to that.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.