Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which of these books would you like to discuss in February?

My Sister's Keeper
- 2 (25%)
My Sister's Keeper
- 4 (50%)
Change of Heart
- 0 (0%)
The Pact
- 2 (25%)
Vanashing Acts
- 0 (0%)
Songs of the Humpback Whale
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: February's book club choices :O)  (Read 2903 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: February's book club choices :O)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »

Well it's your month, so why don't you break the tie and I'll read whichever you chose.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »

I would pick Nineteen Minutes. But I guess out of those two we'll go with my next favorite which would be My Sister's Keeper. So, unless anyone has any objections I guess we'll do My Sister's Keeper.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 09:43:54 PM »

Ok, I thought that one sounded interesting too, so I'll go ahead and pick that one up! Thanks!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »

I just started an 1100+ page book LOL, but I did vote for My Sister's Keeper, so I'll plan on buying it too.  When do you think we're going to start discussing it?  (As in, how long do I have to get it?  Should I order it online or see if B&N actually has a book I want in stock in the store?)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

The books for this month looked good, but I have the same question as Julie lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 05:02:37 PM »

I would say we'll start discussing it in about a week or so to give everyone enough time to get it. So let's say i'll start assigning chapters on the 16? Does that work for everyone?

I have to get my copy back form my sister as well lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »

I'll order mine later today then :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 05:10:38 PM »

Eeks. Sure you can get it back in a week? I think one of my sisters still has several of the cds she borrowed from me during the 1990s....

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »

She lives around the block so I can always just go to her apartment and steal it back! lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »

I went to my library and it was checked out. I had them put it on hold for me and she said it was supposed to be returned on the 12th. If it doesn't, then I'll just go over to the other branch where I know they have it. (I was too lazy to drive over there the other day) But that date sounds good for me. So, does this mean that other people are going to read it this time? I do believe I was completely ALONE in the last one. I'd love to actually have a "discussion" this month!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 06:37:39 PM »

I have read it, so i'll be talking about ti with you. Oh and I just got American Gods for my birthday. Mike's parents bought it for me but I haven't started to read it yet. I'm almost done with yet another Jodi book, then I plan on starting on that one so maybe we can resurrect that thread form the dead as well lol

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »

I didn't get to do this last month because of work, so I'm looking forward to it this month.  I am in the middle of Nineteen Minutes right now (so that's what I voted for) -- so far it's very good.

I read My Sister's Keeper in November and it's probably one of my alltime faves. 

-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 08:33:08 PM »

Nineteen minutes was awesome! We are going to have a month for that book at one point as well. I am Oprah and I say it must be so! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 09:02:38 PM »

I didn't even get last month's book LOL, but I'm planning on getting this one and hopefully participating.  If I slack, blame it on Stephen King, cause I just started reading The Stand too, and it's over 1100 pages long... so I'll have to put it on hold to read this, but if I get too into it before I start My Sister's Keeper, that probably won't happen LOL.  That's kinda what happened with The Lovely Bones, although I did eventually finish that one.  I've been bad about reading multiple books at once lately.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »

The Stand is one of my all time favorite Stephen King books! Eyes of the Dragon is great too!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4