Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Layout...Maybe Others?  (Read 10568 times)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
New Layout...Maybe Others?
« on: February 09, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »

Hey guys. I know the new layout looks quite a bit like the last, but...it was time to upgrade to a theme that was compatible with some newer features of SMF. Sooooo, being a guy who is a bit on the "change-resistant" side, I tried to find one close to the old one.

But then I started thinking. Scary, I know. But seriously, you all should have some say in the look of the site. Do you like the current appearance? Would you prefer something different? Do you want one that has a light background/dark text rather than the dark background/light text?

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
Re: New Layout...Maybe Others?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 01:31:49 PM »

As my slooooooooow dial up connection loaded the page I was like "Whoa! It looks different." How observant, I know. LOL.   :D

Anyways, my personal opinion...I like this layout better than the other one, even though they are, rather, similar. I have, also, always liked the dark background, with the light text...and I would be, kinda, disappointed if that got changed. I think it looks nice, Ash.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »

I so don't miss dial up...*shudders*.

Thanks for your input! I personally like dark backgrounds, too, but that's because I'm just such a morbid guy. ermm. Okay not really. I may do a bit more tinkering with this one because I don't really like the tabs, but...I think this'll be a good change once I'm used to it. lol.

Still,if others of you have input, I'd love to hear from you, too!

Ash

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:15:17 PM »

Ooh, I like it!  I prefer dark backgrounds too.  This one is fine, but I guess you could always play around with other layouts, maybe provide some options like AC has if people do want other colors.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

Heh. I've already changed the tabs; they were really bugging me (can't even put my finger on why, but eh...)

I've been tinkering a bit with a light-background one, but just haven't found one that I like. But yeah, if I come across one that won't be too much work to alter (I just can't seem to leave stuff alone!!! lol) I'll make it so people get a choice.

And of course after I've been updating to the "most recent" version of the boards, they've just announced another new version.  :banghead:  (I'm just going to stick with this one until I make sure others aren't having "issues"...I'm still regretting updating the last efiction version; it wasn't broken, so why did I go and "fix" it...?  :shrug: )

Thanks for your input!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 05:00:53 PM »

I kind of miss the red. everything is too black now lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »

The sad part is that I'm not sure where it was red before that it's not now...I'll go back and look at the old one and see what sort of adjustments I can make. LOL.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 05:04:17 PM »

just whe things were new they'd pop up red for me. Now everything is black and kind of just blends in.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »

Ah! I see. I'll see if I can move the "New" tag from the old one to this new one. It really does blend in.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »

excellent :)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »

Better?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »

yup!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »

one other thing, is there a way to make the quote boxes lighter? You know when you reply in a thread and quote? That's all black and hard to tell the difference as well?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »

Wow, it's crazy stretched!

I like the dark background, it just wouldn't be AC without it. Plus I can write in pink. ;D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »

Ooh, thanks for changing the "new" icon - that bugged me a little too; the new threads stand out more again now. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: [1] 2 3